my low e strings saddle is all the way back, but the note at the twelfth fret is still a little sharper than the twelfth harmonic. do i have to do something with the truss rod? ive never messed with it before.
what bridge do you have.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
This is my first post here. I approach you fine folks with all humility and appreciation.

I have an AL-2000 Goldtop that I bought just before Christmas and just now getting around to setting it up to play. I am far from being an expert but I'm thinking I may need to level the frets. I started out measuring the string heights and made some minor bridge height adjustments before attempting to set the intonation. The string height at the nut seemed ok. Then I began to check and adjust the intonation. I checked each string; open, fretted at the 12th and a 12th fret harmonic and got all but the low E dead on. I too have run out of room to lengthen the low E string. I was told to turn the saddle around to get a little more adjustment room (which I haven't done yet). I kind of got frustrated with the low E after dialing in the others so well. Now here's another facet of my problem. When I make a chord on the lower frets it sounds like the guitar hasn't even been tuned, even though the intonation seems to check dead on as I described above. I also have some fret buzz. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. I may wind up taking it to someone but I'm not ready to give up quite yet.

On a "happy note", I bought a Gibson SG Special (not an Epi) Faded Cherry today for $400 smackolas. It's not quite a year old and in great shape. I had been wanting to get one of these because they are about as close as I can get (financially-stylistic) to my first Gibson that my Dad bought me when I was just starting to learn to play. I had a plastic guitar (a little better than most toys), that you could actually get in almost tune and make decent chords with, and he told me if I showed him that I was serious he would buy me a good guitar. I did and he did. I'm not sure if it was a 1967 or a 1968 but it had to be one or the other as it was the only 2 years that they made the SG in "Sparkling Burgundy" which was actually a red metal flake. Sadly, I sold that guitar to help finance a trip to Haight-Ashbury back in my hippy days. (That's another really long story that includes Patty Hurst!) Anyway, I was glad to get this SG and may wind up customizing it to mimic my old one. The original finish "Sparkling Burgundy" did not age well I am told. They turned a sort of copper color over the years but with todays paints and finishes I don't think I will have that problem.

Wish I could hang out a while tonight but the wife has plans that include me.

As Red used to say, "Good night and God bless." Dave in NC
dont hijack threads dude. make a new one in the introduction section or something.

any solutions to my problem?
try getting new strings (if the ones you have are old)

I had this problem once and new strings helped a lot
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
brand new strings. could the problem be the trem? its bending up a tad, i know some people like it like that, but i dont even use a whammy bar...
^ probably not
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
i think it could be. when the bridge comes up like that, its shortening the string length, accomplishing exactly what the saddles do. right?
yeah, tighten the trem screws in the back cavity. level the bridge and then try again.

and for the new fella. just make a thread and write a few less paragraphs and ill help you out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Vol=11, let me know if that worked, learning to do that myself these days. Thanks.

*considers newbie did approach with humility*
*types*
New guy - lose the wife and you will have more time for guitar.
i tightened the trem screws a little bit and i got it intonated perfectly now. thanks a lot jj. im learning lots these days.
thanks. glad it worked out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011