hey guys, im not the best student. Academically i dont see much of a future for myself. Im not the best musically either, but its ALL i do and i would take bullets for my guitars. I wanna know what i need to do to get into a music school, maybe not one as prestigious as Berkley. what should i work on? any tips? thanks. I'm a Junior in High School atm

PS. i already know i need a miracle. dont remind me.
define "not the best student". i didnt get into berkely, but i hear its not so great as its made up to be. junior high you could fix your **** up and get in for sure, but you gotta work and do APs and that sort of stuff. they probably wont hold it against you if you ****ed up junior high.

EDIT: nvm i read wrong. you been praying to the right gods lately?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
define "not the best student". i didnt get into berkely, but i hear its not so great as its made up to be. junior high you could fix your **** up and get in for sure, but you gotta work and do APs and that sort of stuff. they probably wont hold it against you if you ****ed up junior high.

EDIT: nvm i read wrong. you been praying to the right gods lately?

This is true. Don't aim for Berklee, aim for a real college with a decent music program. If have bad grades, you're not going to get into Berklee. You're not going to get into a lot of places. That's the truth.

Try and bring your grades up. Apply to Berklee, but you should also apply to some larger schools with decent music programs. Ask your school guidance counciler.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
my grades dont suck that bad, i can pick them up but iv got like nothing i wanna do atm, i have no idea where i wanna go or if i wanna go 2 college at all.

Also, i used berkely cus its the only one i could think of off the top of my head. If anyone can name any colleges with good music programs that are easier 2 get into that would be great
Most colleges have music programs but I don't think any of them involve playing brOotal power chords on BC rich Warlocks and that is the impression i get from your username

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
you should go to college definately. even if you get a degree in some bs subject, its still a degree. if you dont go fight after high school, you may never go at all, and it helps a lot in the future(keep telling yourself this untill you believe it)

i dont know about good music programs, but berkley is overshooting it. they exclude just because they can.

apply to a safety school even if its not music based, then at least you get a degree.

are your parents paying for it? cause if they are theres really no reason to not go. its 4 years of (fun) for free.
I have no opinion on this matter.
ya i have a metal guitar and i like to play a lot of metal but i have a classical (shred neo-classic) and blues side and i do a lot of softer playing if it helps. What i play is beside the point since im really open to anything. I just wanna learn the instrument the best i can

and im paying for 3/4 of it
Once again dude, I'm sure your school has a guidance counciler. Talk to them. Their job is to answer these sort of questions. They will give you advice twice as good as the best advice you will get on here.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
this is true. to be honest im mainly posting this out of boredom, to perhaps receive some enlightenment on the subject. i'm going 2 her tomorrow
I don't think anybody said that you have to be able to READ music.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Being in the band program at school really helps, a LOT. it helps you learn music, how to read music, and how to listen to other player's parts and how everything fits together, basically developing your ear. it also allows you to network with other musicians in school or in your community, and the band director can be a great reference for college apps/jobs apps. learning scales and basic theory and HOW to apply it to your instrument is always a plus, too. if you don't know any of this stuff, you may wanna get a teacher