hey what's up!
mmm
someone can tell me how I can get a better sound with the bass tapping?
when i do that in my bass the sounds is like a little cutted off i mean =S
i want a method for play the bass tapping like myung xD
someone can help me? =D

PD: I'm Chilean, i don't speak english very well xD
um just hit the frets harder and practice i guess
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Cutted off? Do you the notes are not ringing out as well as you want them to?

If thats the problem, try hammering on a little harder and keeping your fingertip in place for a little while longer than you are at the moment, should help the note ring out more.
What song are you learning? I'm practicing Moonlight Sonata atm and it is so sweet. Takes time to build up muscles in your pinky though.
I fished out some kickass old threads and put them in my profile so I can link to them in threads like this...am I a geek or what
Quote by thegiaco2112
que tal men te recomiendo como dijeron arriba bajale un poco las cuerdas y usa algun efecto como un chorus o phazer para darle atmosfera saludos

While I agree with you about lowering the action and using chorus (as IndianRockStar also pointed out as well), I am not too keen on using phaser effects with tapping. I think it would sound too electronic and sterile rather than atmospheric. However, some one can post something up and prove me wrong!
Quote by Puma89
What song are you learning? I'm practicing Moonlight Sonata atm and it is so sweet. Takes time to build up muscles in your pinky though.

YES its soo awesome im learning it its going rather slowly though becuase im learing and perfecting it bar by bar
I am me. Live with it.
Well... you can't really expect to master a technique the first day you try it.

Now, on a completely unrelated note... one can use tapping chops to do more than just parlor tricks.

You need to basically just get used to having to play notes solely with your left hand. Once that strength and familiarity is acquired, you can use this technique to even make your 'normal' playing more efficient (ie. you can play certain notes on your right traditionally, but you can also play certain notes solely with your left... leaving less strain on your right hand and building dexterity in your left).

For example, I can still feel my fingers after playing the intro solo to Day of the Baphomets using this style.

Plus, this type of tapping is frequently used in slap and pop (which I know you kiddies love).