ok, this has happened to me alot

I'll be going from regular tuning to a lower tuning and a string will end up snapping at the head of the guitar, and IDK why, and I thought I'd ask cause I'm curious.
Also, I am turning the tuning peg the right way, cause the note of the string will be getting lower and then it just snaps
You probably turned the tuning peg too fast.

That tension would make it break.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Maybe it was a damaged string about to snap anyway. Other than that I have no idea...
Clones are tasty
probably because there is a kink in the string around the tuning peg. when the tension changes it snaps.
I've heard of detuning too fast causing a string to break. From what I've noticed, it often happens when the string is backlashed or weakened somehow, and simply moving it causes it to finally give. I've also seen it happen where the string can snag in the nut and the movement causes it to snap.
What type of guitar are you using? If it's a stratocaster type, with the string trees on the headstock, they may be sharp, and cut the strings as you detune (strings move)
Quote by eltyr18
ok, this has happened to me alot

I'll be going from regular tuning to a lower tuning and a string will end up snapping at the head of the guitar, and IDK why, and I thought I'd ask cause I'm curious.
Also, I am turning the tuning peg the right way, cause the note of the string will be getting lower and then it just snaps

I just noticed this after reading over it again. Sounds like your tuner is backlashed. This can be caused by a loose faulty tuner, poorly wound strings, having kinks in your strings, or possibly when the bridge keeps shifting around or is sitting at an improper angle.
The winds around the tuning peg were probably too tight around the string which caused it to become weak and break when you gave it a chance. Just another hypothesis.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
I had that problem with my acoustic, and it bothered me for a long time. I took some advice (from UG actually) and rubbed a pencil in the notches on the nut. Now it never happens, I just do it every time I put new strings on now. Try this, come back in a few days. If your still having the same problem, it's deeper than just the bridge is catching them, and personally I'd just take it to a guitar tech, they should be able to fix it without near as much risk as you or I fiddling with it lol
fix the nut, fix the machine heads, any thing up there can lead to breakage. i had that happen alot, got it fixed hasnt happend since
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112