I'm doing mechanical engineering. I chose it because I'm good at physics and maths/mechanics. Some parts of physics are interesting to me.

I find the course a bit boring at times though. Every now and then there's something that pops up that I will want to listen to, but most of the time it feels like it's back at school and I'm sitting in lectures thinking "boring" replaying a dancing moose in my head for entertainment and not really paying attention. hehehe there he goes....

The modules I'm doing this year are things like thermodynamics, mechanics (solids and fluids), maths, Design & manufacture etc... We just do follow up modules of most things next year so I don't know how much things are going to change in my 2nd year.

So I don't know whether to stick with my course or not. I can't think of anything else I want to do though... I spend more time in the music rooms here than in exercise classes for maths 'n' such, sometimes I think I should of done music but I never did it at GCSE and so have nothing to go on, and no grades in guitar or piano (only grade 3 in trumpet which I quit before high school)
Dunno what to do.
I was a ME major too. Then I started to lose interest, and then my grades started to drop. Then I kinda "wandered" a bit, and tried to search for what I like. I ended up doing, essentially, art. If you can manage your course load, then I would say stick with it. And then if you can, minor in music or something.
^ he is asking a question, although without question marks. Drop out pal, if you don't like it now you won't stick 3 years then it will be even worse. Do an an engineering apprenticeship with rolls royce or something.
I got an ME degree and i had trouble too. smoked too much pot and didnt do homework my second and third years but i pulled through and cleaned it up and it is worth it. pls it gets better when you are doing the hands on stuff later. You must force yourself to work at it, especialy the statics and dynamics
Pedalboard--
Dimebag wah=>Digitech Synth Wah=>Boss PH-3=>Boss MD-2=>Boss BF3=>Boss DD-3=>Boss RC-2
(Working on circuit bent Boss OC-2)
dont drop out. stick with it, or find a better major. i dont know exactly how it works over there. but a college degree is a good thing.

failures want you to fail.
I have no opinion on this matter.
If you know the music staff at your uni, try asking them what to do. If you're actually quite good at piano/guitar (despite not having grades), there might be a slim chance that you could do music there? Otherwise they could probably give you advice on other music courses that you would beable to do which aren't at higher education...
I suggest talking to your professor about what you're interested in..perhaps he can recommend you a good class depending on your preference choices.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by StonaLemons
If you know the music staff at your uni, try asking them what to do. If you're actually quite good at piano/guitar (despite not having grades), there might be a slim chance that you could do music there? Otherwise they could probably give you advice on other music courses that you would beable to do which aren't at higher education...

Well you need A at A level to do music, and I think grade 8 in an instrument, or maybe it was 5, either way I didn't even do GCSE music.