Im thinking about upgrading from my Roland Cube 30. Ive had it for about over 2 years now and Ive been looking at a line 6 flextone III. Is this viable step up from the cube? Type of stuff I play is mostly hi gain metal and my guitar is a schecter c-1.
budget?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
yea its better than the cube but its still not the best amp in the price range for me anyways... i mean its good for the effects... but the tone isn't as nice as i hoped for
Quote by angeldef
budget?

I guess $500-600

If youre gonna give me a suggestion tell me suggest besides "get a used 5150" because I know thats what most likely youre gonna say.
If you like new...I hear alot about Bugera, but i haven't had a chance to play them. But if it was me i would look for a used "Mesa F-30" or a Mesa DC series. You could also check on the B-52 or Peavey valveking, but if metal is your looking for B-52 has more distortion than Valve king, and better speaker which are Vintage 30. But you got to play them, don't just buy because people say its good. Your likings are different that others, but these recommendation i made is just to narrow down the amps, because the other amps that you might play are just plain bad. So this are what most people like, you might be one of them

Hope that helps
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 12, 2008,
^yah same thing here thats what i tell all those guys looking for highgain amp
look at the B-52AT you could get a new 60watt Combo for 550-570
there pretty ****ing bomb amps
Last edited by purple tiger at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by angeldef
If you like new...I hear alot about Bugera, but i haven't had a chance to play them. But if it was me i would look for a used "Mesa F-30" or a Mesa DC series. You could also check on the B-52 or Peavey valveking, but if metal is your looking for B-52 has more distortion than Valve king, and better speaker which are Vintage 30. But you got to play them, don't just buy because people say its good. Your likings are different that others, but these recommendation i made is just to narrow down the amps, because the other amps that you might play are just plain bad. So this are what most people like, you might be one of them

Hope that helps

Agreed.
I can personally vouch for both the Mesa DC and F-50, and they have all the gain you could ever want. And I assume you do actually have experience of the 5150? I can't think of any guitarist who'd prefer a Flextone over it, except maybe function-band players.
Quote by kyle62
Agreed.
I can personally vouch for both the Mesa DC and F-50, and they have all the gain you could ever want. And I assume you do actually have experience of the 5150? I can't think of any guitarist who'd prefer a Flextone over it, except maybe function-band players.

Ive never actually played one but I know that theyre expensive new and almost impossible to find a good deal on used
Quote by Nemesis75
Ive never actually played one but I know that theyre expensive new and almost impossible to find a good deal on used

Gotta be worth looking, though I think the lack of good deals is due to them being reccommended in every UG thread ever created...

If not, the Bugera is a very similar sort of amp, might be worth a shot.
Quote by kyle62
Gotta be worth looking, though I think the lack of good deals is due to them being reccommended in every UG thread ever created...

If not, the Bugera is a very similar sort of amp, might be worth a shot.

yeah Ive hear some good things about Bugera and I really want to try it but no guitar center or sam ash carries them and I dont really want to take a leap of faith i ordering one sight unseen.

Is the flextone III a bad amp?