So i got the isp decimator in the mail today, hooked it up to my new 6505 combo, and nothing happened when i turned it on. I tried putting it in front of the amp through the FX loop, messed with the threshhold, and yes, turned it on and off. Should I be looking for a problem with the amp or the pedal, because this hiss and feedback is making the amp almost unplayable passed 1 on the lead channel.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Did you put in a new battery?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
do you have a powersupply or a battery>
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Yep, put in a new battery. As I said in the first post, i tried both on and off. Its not the power thats an issue, becaue the power light goes on.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
do you actually know.... what... it does?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
do you actually know.... what... it does?

Seriously? Im not stupid.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
well, Im jsut checking. Send it back.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Well, I dont want to send it back unless something can be done, because if i get it replaced and it was the amp that had the problem, i'd be wasting money and time on shipping. Did anyone else have problems with theirs?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Mine was fine when i got it, and i had hella feedback on my amps, so I think something's up with it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
So i just tried it on my friends solid state crate, and fender cyber twin, and it worked flawlessly. Somethings definitley up with my amp. Is the 6505 supposed to have this crazy feedback and hiss to it? I mean i knew it would have a good amount of hiss seeing as its a metal amp, but something has to be up if a noise gate wont even work on it. Didnt make the slightest difference even when i cranked the gate.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by A-5best
Maybe you put it in backwards accidentally on your 6505?

Tried both ways
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
If it worked elsewhere, it's the amp. If you're running it in front of the amp, try running it in the effects loop. It should actually do something that way, since it'll be working on the 'hissy" signal from the amp.
Are you running it infront of the amp (inbetween guitar/amp) or in the effects loop?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Are you running it infront of the amp (inbetween guitar/amp) or in the effects loop?

I tried both. Neither showed any difference at all.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
So i got the isp decimator in the mail today, hooked it up to my new 6505 combo, and nothing happened when i turned it on. I tried putting it in front of the amp through the FX loop, messed with the threshhold, and yes, turned it on and off. Should I be looking for a problem with the amp or the pedal, because this hiss and feedback is making the amp almost unplayable passed 1 on the lead channel.

I'm having the same problem right now w/ my 5150 head. Tried the decimator in front of the amp AND in the loop, but nothing.

I'm thinking maybe my power tubes (or both power and pre) need replaced, since it doesn't do anything in front or in the loop...

What did you end up doing TS?
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
Sounds like your tubes are going microphonic. A retube should fix that
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by dcdossett65
I tried both. Neither showed any difference at all.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but sometimes things like this can be overlooked...

Did you hit the footswitch to activate the effects loop after you put it into the loop?

Also, if it's in front of your amp, and your amp is noisy, it's not going to kill all the sound from the preamp.

In the FX loop will kill all the sound. I just thought that maybe there's a possibility that you might have overlooked actually engaging the effects loop after you installed it there.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but sometimes things like this can be overlooked...

Did you hit the footswitch to activate the effects loop after you put it into the loop?

Also, if it's in front of your amp, and your amp is noisy, it's not going to kill all the sound from the preamp.

In the FX loop will kill all the sound. I just thought that maybe there's a possibility that you might have overlooked actually engaging the effects loop after you installed it there.

Whelp - you win a gold star for the day. I'm officially retarded and actually did forget to engage the damn effects loop!

The decimator now works like a charm and literally decimates the preamp distortion coming out of my 5150.

to you sir!

Gear

Same thing with mine, but I bought it second hand. Just ship it back to iSP. They repair for free, you just have to send it to them.

^^ Wait.. Is there a way to engage the FX Loop on the ValveKing?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
So then I assume it would always be active, so yep still going with the defective Decimator theory.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
So then I assume it would always be active, so yep still going with the defective Decimator theory.

Do you have a different pedal that you can put through the loop to troubleshoot the loop?

Gear

Quote by The Faded Line
Do you have a different pedal that you can put through the loop to troubleshoot the loop?

Nope. But I'm actually 100% sure its defective, cause even with the threshold on full (infront of the amp) it doesn't do anything.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by The Faded Line
Whelp - you win a gold star for the day. I'm officially retarded and actually did forget to engage the damn effects loop!

The decimator now works like a charm and literally decimates the preamp distortion coming out of my 5150.

to you sir!

Oh that's awsome man... I've freaked out about some of my gear not working right before only to realize that I've missed some mundane little detail....

Nice to know your Decimator isn't defective.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by mike.h
Nope. But I'm actually 100% sure its defective, cause even with the threshold on full (infront of the amp) it doesn't do anything.

Well, mine in front of my 5150 didn't do anything either. I'm guessing that the portion of your rig that's making the death noise from hell is the preamp section of the amp, which means that putting the decimator in front of the amp wouldn't do anything (except take out PUP squeal)...

Does the noise persist if the volume knob on your guitar is all the way off? If so, the amp is making the hum and the ISP is best placed within the effects loop.

Gear

Quote by Reildeal
Oh that's awsome man... I've freaked out about some of my gear not working right before only to realize that I've missed some mundane little detail....

Nice to know your Decimator isn't defective.

Thanks man, and again. I was wiggin' out thinking I had just dropped $125 on a heavy (but beautiful) paperweight...

Gear

Quote by The Faded Line
Well, mine in front of my 5150 didn't do anything either. I'm guessing that the portion of your rig that's making the death noise from hell is the preamp section of the amp, which means that putting the decimator in front of the amp wouldn't do anything (except take out PUP squeal)...

Does the noise persist if the volume knob on your guitar is all the way off? If so, the amp is making the hum and the ISP is best placed within the effects loop.

The pup squeel is the feedback im experiencing
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by dcdossett65

People are gonna be jumping on the bandwagon on this one
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by tenaciousjp

Why are you posting this in every thread about a defective decimator? What the hell are you even talking about? What bandwagon? Did you not see the 2 pages of people actually helping him?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by tenaciousjp

Yeah, don't even know what you're talking about..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by mike.h
The pup squeel is the feedback im experiencing

You'll still get feedback with a noise gate...
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music