Page 1 of 2
...hopefully. Theres a meeting after school tomorrow and auditions later.
I've decided me some guys (ie. a drummer/bassist/singer guy/maybe another guitarist if neccesary) are gonna play a song at this here talent show. We're metal heads, but I don't think the crowd would really enjoy something that makes you want to eat babies. SO. We're gonna play some rock music. Any ideas?
We can already play Killing In The Name Of, but it's getting kind of cliche to play that...
I want to play something that will please the crowd and something they might know.
Something that will show everyone how awesome I am :P

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of Black Sabbath, Ozzy, RATM, AC/DC? Shoot me some ideas

inb4cannibalcorpse

OMG UPDATE
Song needs to be under 3 minutes.
So far all I can think of is either SOAD's Ariels or Black Sabbath's Paranoid (which is what I'm leaning towards)
I need it to be for two guitarists and space for two solos (Paranoid has alot of space for crazy lead licks inbetween verses and stuff)
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 13, 2008,
black dog
paranoid
maybe some maiden
some deep purple
pour some sugar on me
van halen
twisted sister

any of that should go down well
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
i'd suggest something on guitar hero just because most of the crowd will probably be familiar with it
I Cum Blood. (Kidding.)

Ask kids what they would like to hear, like a survey or something.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
THE TROOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, some friends and i are gonna perform at a school pep rally.

The Trooper, immediately followed by Raining Blood. Then Fade to Black at the end.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
shook me all night long

crazy train would kick ass if you played it
*sigh* "I Cum Blood".
EDIT: damn! beaten to it.

nah, i would love to hear a great rock tune that's fairly mainstream, but something that you would enjoy playing too.
Quote by exect4500
i'd suggest something on guitar hero just because most of the crowd will probably be familiar with it

lol, yea. Or don't fear the reaper
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by exect4500

+1

Tapping looks impressive also.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Play some Behemoth. Or Cannibal Corpse, but make sure they can understand what the lyrics are.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by Hcmanu
So there you have it kids, You're not eating easter eggs, you're eating the parastic-like insides of rabbits. Happy Easter, I've got a corpse to rape!
man if i went to school i'd do the talent show. i'm a metal head and my best friend likes classic rock and we can never compromise. he always wants to play crowd friendly **** and not what we want to play. do crazy train everyone knows that and it's not brutal
Quote by Imperial
THE TROOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, some friends and i are gonna perform at a school pep rally.

The Trooper, immediately followed by Raining Blood. Then Fade to Black at the end.

+1
OH OH OH! lol More than a Feeling.

back in Black.
Layla
Iron man
trail of tears?
Desert rose?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by strat335
*sigh* "I Cum Blood".
EDIT: damn! beaten to it.

Ha.

Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
lol, yea. Or don't fear the reaper

And the lead singer has a cowbell. They can't but help laugh.
Quote by RPGoof
Most the kids at my school either listen to rap or mainstream emo crap (ie. fall out boy) so I'd rather not play something like that.

Play Crank Dat Calvery Kid.

It has screaming (for the emos), and there's rap in it (for the gangstas)!
Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
Quote by RPGoof
Most the kids at my school either listen to rap or mainstream emo crap (ie. fall out boy) so I'd rather not play something like that.

In that case,
Roses for the Dead - Funeral for a Friend

has tapping which looks good and pleases the emo fans.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
what about going down? its a song that I saw on a G3 video pretty awesome

also what about sunshine of your love?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
OH OH OH! lol More than a Feeling.

back in Black.
Layla
Iron man
trail of tears?
Desert rose?

I like the way you thinks
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
I like the way you thinks

lol thanks
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it's The Final Coutdown Do Do Do Do Do Do Doot Doot Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it's The Final Coutdown Do Do Do Do Do Do Doot Doot Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, hell yeah!

TS needs to play that!
Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
FINAL COUNTDOWN WOOT! though me and my friends are going to play bodom for our talent show so you could try that.
Quote by Muffin Murderer
FINAL COUNTDOWN WOOT! though me and my friends are going to play bodom for our talent show so you could try that.

Haha, me and one of my buddies are playing Between the Buried and Me, but I would so consider playing and singing, "IT'S THE FINNALL COUNTDOWNNN!"

Awakening The Revenant

Quote by shavorules42
I think we have a winner! lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
About some nice, melody DEATH METAL *Bleeds from mouth*

No, kidding. I'm gonna vote for Welcome to the Jungle. Not only does it kick some MASSIVE ass, but it's on guitar hero, and will get you a sure fire win. It's fun to play, crowd pleasing, and shun shun shun shun shun shun shun shun shun shun shun, etc.. knees is fun as hell to do.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
lets see... Crazy Train, something AC/DC, something Van Halen, something Guns N' Roses(old guns not the new wannabes), Freebird, or some Journey
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Seriously how bout

Sweet child O mine? everybody knows that song.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Do the song were doing in the talent show in a few weeks..."I Believe In A Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, kickass easy riff and 2 guitar solos...what more can u ask for?

plus most people should know it and its great to sing a long to
Rig:
Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Red
Fender Highway One Strat w/ 2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails & Dimarzio X2N

Boss SD-1
Boss TU-2
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Porcupine Tree- Shallow (completely rockin' song!)
Porcupine Tree- Open Car
Muse- Hysteria
Muse- Knights of Cydonia (guitar hero song)
Muse- The Small Print
Page 1 of 2