I currently play guitar and was wondering on whether or not to learn to play bass (to open up more doors). Sholud I? Or would I be wasting my tiime?
My Gear:
Washburn Maverick Series BT - 2 Electric Guitar
Digitech RP90 Foot Pedal
Drive G35 Amp

Looking to join a serious christian band in Oregon
no

there's no way you could have opened all of the doors in guitar bc there are always new doors to be opened!
i play guitar and i play bass on the side. try it, and if you enjoy playing, get some bass gear. i have yet to buy bass gear because i'm a rhythm guitarist, and i prefer playing guitar over bass. but in the end, its your overall decision.
if you have the time and are interested, you can't go wrong with knowing an extra instrument... but if you are focused on getting really good at guitar, you might as well stick with that... i've tried learning bass in addition to guitar, but i found that i just didn't enjoy it enough to put in the hours to master the basics of playing bass... plus i constantly wanted to play guitar, and you just can't make a bass sound as crunchy as a nice distorted six-string.
yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll save some money and buy a cheap bass, just to be sure I will enjoy bass, and if I do I'mm buy more stuff.

I play lead and rhythym (keep in mind, I only play Christian music), but I really have wanted to play bass before I even started playing guitar (which makes me wonder why I chose guitar...)
My Gear:
Digitech RP90 Foot Pedal
Drive G35 Amp

Quote by GzusFreak
(keep in mind, I only play Christian music)

irony much?

someone who's close-minded wants to open more doors?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
lol, I guess

I'm thinking about getting this bass: click here

keep in mind that I want to make sure I like bass before I go and spend a lot of money on it and I am a middle schooler (so I basically have no money unless I cut grass)
My Gear:
Digitech RP90 Foot Pedal
Drive G35 Amp

Last edited by GzusFreak at Mar 15, 2008,