Is there a difference between a '1/4" Stereo Cable' and a standard guitar cable?

A footswitch I purchased isn't working, and he said he should work with any 1/4" Stereo Cable and I want to eliminate this as a reason before I get angry I purchased a lemon.

Thanks.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
I'm probably going to get called stupid for this, but aren't the the EXACT same thing? I mean, 1/4 inch is 1/4 inch.

I know about the instrument/speaker difference, but is there actually a 1/4 inch STEREO cable?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by stratman_13
I'm probably going to get called stupid for this, but aren't the the EXACT same thing?

That's what I'm thinking and how I feel too.... but I'd rather be 100% sure before I send off an angry e-mail.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Regular guitar cables are MONO. Stereo won't work unless your guitar has a stereo input on it.

Hmm so that may the problem then.
Quote by kyle62
Guitar cables are mono, and the footswitch won't work unless the cable and jacks have that 'third channel' (Tip, Ring 1, Ring 2).

Well, the dude who made it said to use a 1/4" Stereo Cable, I just didn't realize there was a difference.

Edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-2Button-Stereo-Footswitch?sku=421393

Yep, apparently I need a stereo cable. gg me.
Last edited by gald at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Yeah that guy was wrong.

I dont' think so, the stock Valveking Footswitch is a stereo cable.
^ Yeah, I thought he was talking about just a random pedal too.

But in my case, either way I was wrong
--

--
Quote by gald
Is there a difference between a '1/4" Stereo Cable' and a standard guitar cable?

A footswitch I purchased isn't working, and he said he should work with any 1/4" Stereo Cable and I want to eliminate this as a reason before I get angry I purchased a lemon.

Thanks.

How did you guys get it confused with a pedal?!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I guess my mind saw "cable" and made me think "pedal", causinge me to skim over the actual problem of a footswitch. My apologies.
--

--