So there is a lifeguard course at my school and I'm thinking about taking it to get a summer job. I was just wondering if anyone here has taken a lifeguard course and i just want to know what to expect. I know it's alot of swimming what kind of shape do i have to be in?
ED REED BABY
over here you have to be able to swim 300 yards in 6? minutes nonstop. after that you just have to pass the course
my friend lifeguards, and he does it fine. Then again, he's super ****in jacked, so i don't know about you
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
do it! then when something goes wrong, no matter where you are, you can yell: "dont worry, Its ok im a lifeguard!"
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
I was a lifeguard last summer and plan on being one next summer. The course is pretty easy. We had to swim a 300 using a freestyle and breastroke, then get a brick from the bottom of the deep end. If you know how to swim and are in reasonably good shape, you can do it. CPR and first aid are not hard to learn at all. And youll also learn how to retrieve people from pools and backboard. Backboarding is the hardest, but if you practice it a little bit, youll get it no problem.

You are going to be working at pools right and not the ocean? The ocean lifeguards are pretty hardcore.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Yea my friends sister is a beach lifeguard theres no way im doing that. Im in alright shape and im a pretty good swimmer so hopefully ill be fine.
ED REED BABY
swim a 500, rescues the submerged brick. Carry the submerged brick on your chest while on your back using only your legs to propel ou 25 yards. Thats all we had to do. Not to mention weekly refreshers on CPR and things like that. But 9.00 an hour is great for a 16 yera old so i reccommend doing it.
It's pretty easy. I know a lot of people who I would consider to be out of shape that managed to pass without training for it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by dannyniceboy
swim a 500, rescues the submerged brick. Carry the submerged brick on your chest while on your back using only your legs to propel ou 25 yards. Thats all we had to do. Not to mention weekly refreshers on CPR and things like that. But 9.00 an hour is great for a 16 yera old so i reccommend doing it.

What?! I only make 6.75.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.