Page 1 of 3
this guy i know through a much closer friend was in rough neighborhood last night and he got jumped by 5 other kids. so this guy had a knife on him and stabbed one of the five attackers 4 times in the neck killing him. so this guy tells the police and they declare it self defense and he gets a 100$ fine for a having a knife thats 1in. too long illegally.

pretty intense...... what are your opinions?
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
the law is the law I guess, at least it wasn't considered manslaughter or murder.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
same thing happened a town over. some kids picking on a kid nonstop, one day afterschool the kid getting bullied pulls a knife, the others dont back down, one get stabbed.

died but meh, they were asking for it.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I definately agree with pulling the knife, but I don't know if he should have stabbed him. I mean, if I had been in the same situation, I probably would have stabbed him as well, but......

Meh. Pretty useless argument against it not being self defense. I guess you have to look at it from both points of view.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I always thought that self-defense was to get away, but if he had 5 guys jump him, then I suppose it was necessary to do that, rather than die. I would settle for paying $100 for killing somebody who wanted to kill me on the spot that they tried.
All for it if it has to be done.
Like I don't mean someone pushes you and you should kill them for self-defense but when it calls for it, it should be legal enough.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
well i guess it depends on if they were threatining his life. Thats kind of hard for the police to determing, so i guess its self defence.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Well at least he taught one of those shits a lesson.

If there ever comes a time where a man is unable to legally defend himself...it's time to get the hell out of dodge.
I am the Infantry.
If you're so stupid you jump people for no reason you deserve to get stabbed. Maybe not killed, but stabbed atleast.

And if it's self-defense it's alright to harm your attackers IMO.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
$100 doesn't sound bad. It's not like he is doing a dime in prison for man slaughter.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
in canada if they didn't have a weapon they would have been charged with murder
100 dollars is definitely better than losing your life to a pointless jumping. It's terrible it killed him though, is your friend alright with what happened, I mean, he did kill someone. That's got to be somewhat psychologically changing.
Seems like a good judgement to me.

I wouldn't have tried to stab him in the neck. Maybe just the arm or leg or maybe lower left torso region, just to scare them off.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by nirvana001
Well at least he taught one of those shits a lesson.

If there ever comes a time where a man is unable to legally defend himself...it's time to get the hell out of dodge.

At my school theres no such thing as self defense...pretty lame
Quote by nath1142

Thats retarded.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by cire sirrah
this guy i know through a much closer friend was in rough neighborhood last night and he got jumped by 5 other kids. so this guy had a knife on him and stabbed one of the five attackers 4 times in the neck killing him. so this guy tells the police and they declare it self defense and he gets a 100$ fine for a having a knife thats 1in. too long illegally.

pretty intense...... what are your opinions?

Self-Defence, at least in the UK, is a complete defence with no liability as to Manslaughter or Muder. Getting jumped by 5 guys is what I'd call Grevieous Bodily Harm, but the added use of a knife makes it that much extreme. In the circumstances, if he was in an alleyway without any means of escaping, he probably would have been let off in the UK. However, if it was a clear street, I would say his attack was not in proportion. If he was fined $100, it seems as though the attack wasn't as serious at first contemplation.

It's illegal to carry flick knives in the UK anyway.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

If you jump someone with 5 people by your side and get stabbed to death then tough luck, you were asking for it.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I would think that 4 times would be considered excessive, thereby ruling out self defense.
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Quote by nath1142

Yeah man, if someone got jumped here and they knifed/shot them (they had a permit or whatever for the weapon) and killed the person they would still get in HUUGE **** for it.

I think the guy did what he had to do to survive, not being I cant really say much but he did what he did t protect himself..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I think its good to defend yourself but sometimes that seems like a really lame excuse, we don't know the whole story, maybe the kid deserved to be jumped and stabbing a guy 4 times in the neck seems a little excessive.

I heard a story like that before, some guy got acquitted of murder calling it self defense when he stabbed some guy 47 times!!! Thats bullcrap.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
i know a guy that was at an atm at 2 in the morning in a rough area (stupid i know)and 2 guys gave him a permanent smile and took his money.

lucky he didn't have an artery in his face.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
either way its a sad situation. having to kill someone to survive would suck. the guilt would follow you for a long time, even if you were justified. i say its a sad situation either way you look at it
they jumped him, and one died. Karma. He deserved it. But the breaking the law part for the knife, the fine i mean, that seems ok.
Now thats justice.

The fine can for the guys who cleaned up the scene/removed he body.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Last edited by Zangetsu 101 at Mar 12, 2008,
Good for him. His life is more important than their lives. 4 times doesn't seem excessive. When your adrenaline is pumping and your life is on the line, slash as much as you can until you feel safe.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Last edited by m.f.k.r at Mar 12, 2008,
What goes around comes around. Only a matter of time. Unlucky for him it came around that very second lol.
a kid slashed two guys in the jugular and carotid with a clay knife. one bled to death, the other has a huge scar. in my opinion, the guys deserved to have their eyes sliced out and slowly be cut to pieces...the **** they did to the knifer guy was absolutely wretched, like if they saw him wearing a new shirt, they'd rip it off him, pull his pants down in the hall, intentionally trip and make him spill his lunch tray. bassically his life was living hell because of them, and he was the "new kid", so he had no friends. then one day he snapped, attacked them when they came at him, and killed one of them. now we can't have clay knives outside the art room.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I got jumped once. Little did they know i am a Martial artist and hapened to have a jack knife on me. One ran away, but the other kept going. I tried to slash his arm olny, just so he would stop, but i got his neck, he was ok, and i dont feel guilty.
oh yea i agree with the whole self defense argument 100%. In that situation you have to assume that they are going to kill you. Also in that situation you don't have time to decide to stab him in the leg or something because you don't want to kill him, you just go for the closest part and if it happens to be the neck you take it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
I would normally say he deserved whatever he got but, damn. That seems like overkill, I'd stab the chest of one of the guys and run. If I was cornered, stare them down 'till they lose interest (after injuring a couple to show what I could do if they didn't).
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
4 times in the neck seems a bit unreasonable. that just suggests that the person lost it and kept going for the same place. You'd think that random flailing would result in hitting a different body part/person. I dunno about you but if I'm getting attacked by 5 guys, I'm not trying to hit a certain person's neck. I'm going for anything I can hit/stab/cut. 4 times in different places I wouldn't even argue with, but 4 times in the neck seems pretty accurate and excessive for someone who believes that their life is in danger. The neck's a pretty small target.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Even if the guy found the attackers in their home and killed them all there, I wouldn't mind.
Quote by Guitarist132
At my school theres no such thing as self defense...pretty lame

Thats retarded.

Yea. There's laws here about fights in school. I've been in fights instigated by someone else and got more punishment than him, but whatever. Oh yea, and if you pulled a knife on a group of 10 kids jumping you on school grounds and killed one, you'd be charged with murder.

Atleast where I live.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Too bad he didnt stab them all
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Quote by Firequacker
Yea. There's laws here about fights in school. I've been in fights instigated by someone else and got more punishment than him, but whatever. Oh yea, and if you pulled a knife on a group of 10 kids jumping you on school grounds and killed one, you'd be charged with murder.

Atleast where I live.
I'm sorry but I REALLY doubt that there's no self defence law just because you're at school. The school may still punish you regardless of self defence or not but if the police were involved the defence would exist.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's a tricky moral situation, certainly.....killing as a last resort in self-defence is as acceptable as killing gets, I guess.

Still, I just run like hell whenever that sort of situation arises....that way, no one gets hurt. Sadly, that's not always possible.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
thats really ****ing dumb.. if he had a knife on him he should have at least known how to use it. should have at least threatened them first. they would have backed of.. even if they didnt, stabbing him in the neck was ****ing stupid...

he should have been charged with manslaughter.
wow, i didn't think you could get away with 4 times in the neck on the same guy, here i think your supposed to try and run first (if it's possible) and if you can't then you can defend yourself as long as you aren't being excessive (4 times on one guy might be a bit excessive)
Page 1 of 3