It says his name is Steve Price and let me be the first to say that was really hard to watch/listen to.
kinda emotionless, he was just jerking off his guitar
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
So 80's!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by guitargod21136
kinda emotionless, he was just jerking off his guitar

Thats what i was thinking while watching it. Ive never liked solos like this, i dont feel anything emotion wise. I like the slower more meaningful ones.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
You do realise that this is the 'wank' section of an 80s concert? If you didn't have this you weren't a proper band. Judging him by that clip is like judging Paul Gilbert by this vid alone. Sure, that PG vid is more structured but I'd assume because that solo is pre written and is the same for each show. whereas the vid in the OP is (I assume) completely improv'd.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
but pg still has great improvised wank. this guy's wanking comes off as boring compared to other wankers.
Quote by rky
but pg still has great improvised wank. this guy's wanking comes off as boring compared to other wankers.

PG hardly ever improvises. That video's wank is prewritten and doesn't change over a tour and even on different tours it stays pretty similar.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Those are jams. I'd assume that those are improv'd to an extent. he'll have a vague structure in his head and then he'll pick and choose licks to fit but with a backing track, you have something to use as a guideline. Playing on your own, no other instruments is different.

My point was that this section of the show isn't meant to be melodic. it's meant to be as wanky and as fast as possible. It's the point where the guitarist is MEANT to show off and go stupid. Before you judge someone, listen to their proper songs first to get a proper opinion of their creativity and playing.

Quote by element4433
Quote by lepaulspecial42
WOW a whole new debate.Anyway,can we all just agree that steve price is a GOD and owns paul gilbert?

NO i don't think we can because, let's face it, he doesn't.

actually, nah I can't say that with any accuracy because I haven't heard anything by Steve Price/his band and If I did say that, I'd be a hypocrite.

Quote by element4433
Quote by lepaulspecial42
WOW a whole new debate.Anyway,can we all just agree that steve price is a GOD and owns paul gilbert?

No.
Wanking...

Man the singer is sounding weird XD.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
My goodness, that was horrible. I'd rather never learn to shred at all than play like him. Gilbert's wankfest was far more creative, in tune (none of those random, unsuitable chromatics), and had a structure to it.

That band is Krokus, right? Beavis and Butt-Head reckoned they suck.