I went to my buddies place and he had a Squier Affinity Strat with pickups that had the 6 metal parts at varying heights, and usually, I dont see that on Strats.

And to be honest, I have no clue if those are stock pickups made like that, or seperate pickups. How is this achieved?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
You mean staggered polepieces?

It's a long story, but in the beginning all the pole pieces were of the same height and I guess some folks thought certain strings were too loud or quiet. So the manufacturers starting making the pole pieces at different heights so all the strings appeared to have the same volume.

You can get non-staggered ones still. They usually have the tagline "vintage" thrown all over them.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
It's called 'staggered magnets' and is designed to compensate for the radius of the strings. A lot of aftermarket singlecoils come with a flat/staggered option, and it's very common on Strats.
Yeah, those. Sorry, I didn't know the terminology.

Do you think the Squier's are the stock ones?
Or I have a feeling my buddy replaced them with those "vintage" pups.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
To be fair, I've got a scrap Encore kicking round which I use for messing about with, and it has staggered polepieces too. It doesn't make enough difference to matter in most cases.