okay, well i just bought this american fender strat like 3 months ago... i have to play a show on friday (my first one ever) and today im practicing for it, and when i go to bend my B string it chokes... i tried to restring it and it has the same problem... its only my B string too, none of the others... please please please and help would be highly appreciated!
by chokes do you mean breaks or what?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
i think he means the note suddenly stops like you've muted it or something. dunno whats wrong, maybe its just that fret? bend more from a lower one to solve?
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
It is probably your action. Just raise the two screws on the tremelo. Make sure you loosen the strings though before you do it.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Maybe another finger is muting it? Or don't bend the B string and just bend it on the E.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
do a slide instead of a bend. it doesn't sound quite the same but at least the note will be there.
Quote by aenema223
like the sound just dies when i bend it

maybe your accidentaly letting off pressure a bit when you bend, but thats probly not it
there might be something wrong with bridge. Check it out to see if anything is out of the ordinary like if the spring is overly less or more stretched than all the others or something
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
i kno wat ur saying
every time i play a solo heres always like 3 notes on the high e that just dont play when u bend them up.
u can go to the string next to it and play the same note, or u can slide.
well to explain it exactly, sorry if i wasnt clear before, but i play the 15th fret and when i go to bend it hte note just completly cuts off and i get this like quiet little sqeal thing, i know its not hte best descripition but its the best i got
are you accidentally touching it somewhere farther up? you could be accidentally hitting a harmonic.
Does it happen at any fret, like besides the 15th? Check the bridge and the nut to see if there are any burs that the string might be rubbing against when you bend it. Likewise, try bending it the opposite direction, like if you normally do it toward the floor, do it up toward the ceiling.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
lol trust me im not hitting anything above it, i looked into that for like 10 minutes with no
yea it basically does it between the 15th and hte 17th fret, and when i bend down towards the floor it doesnt do it.... its really weird... i guess i could jsut bend down but i would love to know if there a way to just be safe and fix it