Firstly, during what I think is the verse section, the guitar sounds quite out of tune to me.
Tone's a tad brittle aswell.

I like the slapbacky reverb though.

Solo's quite nice aswell!

Could probably be a bit tigher, but it's good.
The distortion is way to thin for that song and that type of music
i agree with the above, needs vox and process your drums so they dont sound too ****. TOO MUCH REVERB! This track is meant to be punchy and dirty, sounded too stadium rock for me.

I dont know what you are trying to prove by this without vox.....are you just saying to us that you can play chords etc?

Having said that, i have just hit the solo, the tone is very nice here, playing us very good also. Breakdown is nice after.

But it seems pointless without vox and at least a half arsed attempt at some drums.

tobz

crit mine? smashing pumpkins cover on the first page
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
The distortion was a bit thin, but not too bad. a few bends were a bit off, but nice reverb. crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811111
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Last edited by aetherspear at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by tobythechimp

I dont know what you are trying to prove by this without vox.....are you just saying to us that you can play chords etc?

Wow, I didn't know you guys were such d|cks here in the covers forum.

God forbid we don't have a full drum kit or a singer. We were just hanging out, getting F'ed up, and jamming. My friend played this and I thought it sounded pretty cool.

You'd think we were in the pit the way you guys responded to my post. I suppose I will never post another cover song, since it won't meet your high standards.

...back to the original recordings forum I go....
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
sorry if that sounded arsy but i didnt mean it like that. What i meant is, i mean its kinda borin to listen to rhythm guitar all through, so maybe try doing it to a backing track of the song or something so at least your playin is within the context of the band if you get what i mean.

Just thought id clear that up, im not that much of a ****
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Thats fine that you felt it was boring. There's a way to approach that....

How about something like this - "Hey, I thought it was kinda boring the way you just played one of the instruments and digitized the other. It would be a lot better with lyrics. Nice solo."

Or something like that?

All the =lame stuff really turned me off .... and then your complaint - you asked what are we trying to prove? Nothing at all. I was just entertained by it... and I thought some others might be entertained by it, as well.

The song only has drums and guitar, we actually put bass on it and spent about 5 minutes arranging the beat. (hence the lack of realism) In my defense, I had never heard the song before.

Either way, I'm not whining. I'll just leave it alone.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music