I'm thinking about getting a set of these to replace the crappy ones that are currently in my guitar.

http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/chhumapaovbl.html

I've heard GFS pickups are pretty good but these aren't GFS. Has anyone bought a set of these from guitarfetish or do they know if they're any good?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Those aren't actually GFS pickups if you note that. $25 says like the Hex were Ibanez INF, those are Epiphone. Their stuff isn't bad per se, but for $10 you could buy a Duncan.
Where are these duncans you speak of?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Quote by mrbagrat
Where are these duncans you speak of?

Never heard of Seymour Duncan pickups?
Course I have. But where for $10?

I've been stuck on guitarfetish for the past few weeks "building" guitars with the parts they have there
Quote by mrbagrat
Course I have. But where for $10?

I've been stuck on guitarfetish for the past few weeks "building" guitars with the parts they have there

I meant $10 more, sorry. And you can look on other sites. Which is a good idea if you want to build something of higher quality than a Squier.
I just bought those exact pickups, theyll be put in a prs style thats in progress. I liked that theyre coil tappable. Alot of other covered humbuckers i looked at are only 2 conductor. Plus youll be lucky to score 1 used SD humbucker on ebay for ~$55
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
Last edited by matticus66 at Mar 13, 2008,
37 bucks for 2 humbuckers is not going to get you much. Its cost more than that for the parts and wire to make one pickup. You get what you pay for.
overstock pickups are horrible. my friend got a tele, it was just piece of crap.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by matticus66
I just bought those exact pickups, theyll be put in a prs style thats in progress. I liked that theyre coil tappable. Alot of other covered humbuckers i looked at are only 2 conductor. Plus youll be lucky to score 1 used SD humbucker on ebay for ~$55

Hah, coincidence. I was going to put it in a PRS style (saga?) that I'm getting tomorrow.

But seeing as how I've sold some stuff I'll go with a bit better set.
Can anyone recommend be something from their site (doesn't need to be overstock) that would be good for funk/prog/metal?

I was looking at a set of the GFS Loudmouth pickups.
bump.
I paid, like, 30 bucks for a set of over-wound Strat singles and they are great quality. I don't like the sound too much because they have a bit more low-end than my stock pups. I like lots of high-end bite. But still, these are nice pups.
anyone know anything about loudmouths?
DUDE, pay the extra 20 bucks or whatever it is, get a good set of buckers from guitar fetish. if an upgrade from stock, they are simply amazing, its not worth dealing with overstock crap that no one wants.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I know, thats what I'm doing. I'm going for a set of the Loudmouth humbuckers. I just want to know how good they'll be.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
DUDE, pay the extra 20 bucks or whatever it is, get a good set of buckers from guitar fetish. if an upgrade from stock, they are simply amazing, its not worth dealing with overstock crap that no one wants.

maybe try going used. I just saw someone selling a used seymour duncan peraly gates bridge pickup for $52.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by mrbagrat
I'm thinking about getting a set of these to replace the crappy ones that are currently in my guitar.

http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/chhumapaovbl.html

I've heard GFS pickups are pretty good but these aren't GFS. Has anyone bought a set of these from guitarfetish or do they know if they're any good?

pay an extra 10-15 bucks and get a gfs crunchy set if you want hot ones