So I decided to finally change the strings from the ****ty stock ones to some shiny new D'Addarios on my Ibanez Artcore AF-75 (hollowbody). So I take them off, and to my surprise, the saddle came off with them . I know this is, in fact, supposed to happen, I've just never delt with a guitar without a fixed saddle before. Now I have no idea how to place it again correctly when putting the new strings on. Any help?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
put the bridge back on, with intonation screws facing headstock.

next time, swap one string at a time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well then I guess they were just ****ty with age? And I was wondering more how to place it precisely. Obviously there's gonna be a difference in intonation depending on where I put it.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RNRSoldier
Well then I guess they were just ****ty with age? And I was wondering more how to place it precisely. Obviously there's gonna be a difference in intonation depending on where I put it.

Just exactly how old were these strings? It's perfectly kosher to change them once a month or so, and most people change them at least 3-4 times a year. Anyway, is there not a little notch cut in each saddle for the strings?
i didnt say about placement and intonation. i thought you were asking which direction to place it back on. and i said, screws facing headstock.

the bridge should just sit back onto the guitar, am i missing something?

did you mean one saddle?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 12, 2008,
Oh, they were oooold. We're talking more than a year here. I didn't play it much until recently, so I never bothered. I do change my strings more often than that on my other guitars, I swear . And the saddle is a separate piece on this guitar, that doesn't have a slot or anything anywhere. The strings keep it on the body.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Taking a measurement of my af75,here is a good starting point. On the low E the bridge on mine is 1/4 inch away from the pickup on the high E side its about 3/8 inch from the pickup. That should get you close, but you may have to make slight adjustments from there to get the intonation perfect.

Hope that helps a little.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by telemonster
Taking a measurement of my af75,here is a good starting point. On the low E the bridge on mine is 1/4 inch away from the pickup on the high E side its about 3/8 inch from the pickup

Wait, do you mean it's slanted?
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RNRSoldier
). So I take them off, and to my surprise, the saddle came off with them ?

ok, i took it that you meant to say bridge because of ur wording.

but if a saddle fell off then, look at the others and place that one on the same way.

lemme see if i can find anything specific
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

is it this bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yep, that's the one.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
OH and as a suggestion in the future, I put a pencil line marking the corners of the Bridge before taking strings off. I have read on the Ibanez forum that other people have marked the bridge location with masking tape and sticky notes to have a point of refrence after removing the strings.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
the saddle rests on the screw, held down by the tension of the string?

cant you just restring it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I have no problem restringing it, I just need to know how to figure out precisely where to place it to the intonation won't be massively off.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
ohh, i see. ok sorry, every string and every guitar is different. you put it in the middle. check the 12th and go from there.
it should be "close" the the strings nearest it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62