Page 1 of 2
So I have a birdhouse deck signed by tony hawk and mike valley. I've had it since like 3rd grade. I used to LOVE skateboarding.. though I never did it myself. I could ride it, but no ollies or anything.

But after all these years... it was calling me. I picked it up the other day and started skating when I went to a friends palce and all. It was only for a brief period of skating, and the ground sucks.

However today I went to my old school which is good for skating and practiced for 40 minutes. I was attempting to do a 360 pop shuv it. After 50 tries, no luck -_-.. yet I was so close

But anyway I was hanging out with some friends, then on the way home I give it one last shot and BAM, land it perfect. I almost cried tears of joy.

So how did you guy start in terms of learning? How long before it took you to land a trick like that? For really my first day back in the game, I thought it was pretty good =]

I need to learn how to ollie, thats next. What are the next basic tricks to learn after that, how long for the average person to get it down?
You have a skateboard that was signed by Tony Hawk and Mike Valley and you're skating on it?

I mean you could sell it and buy two boards from the money, why ruin it?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
how much is it worth? It's so scratched and messed up, the sigs arent THAT visible :/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24467149@N04/2329070111/

Can't see the sigs, but after so much wear on the board, it's hard to tell which sig is which. And it doesnt help tony signed on a dark part of the board ._.

I wish I kept it mint, but I was young and stupid..oh well
well u kinda want to learn how to ollie, if u dont know how i could tell u, then i would try more pop suvits, kickflip, varial flip

also there are some other easy trick like casper and primo

if you are good with ballance try grinding 50-50, 5-0, or board slide

also no offence to ur board but birdhouse are extremely heavy if u wanna stick wiht street get a lighter board like an element
I've seen a lot of videos on how to ollie, I need to get out more and work on it though. It seems hard though -_-

I learned the 360 pop shuv it on my own though =]

Also since my board is beat up then yea, I guess it might be best to pony up some cash for something new. How much does osmething good go for?
I was like 11 when i got my first wal-mart board for my birthday.
I learned how to ollie in a few months and then got a new board.
I then learned how to 180, and pop shove it
then learned how to boardslide and 50-50
and the alst trick I had learned before stopping was kick flipping.

stopped one winter because the roads were so ****ty and I never started again.

Just a few months ago I bought a new board and I'm going to start again this spring
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Oh and in reference to the picture, theres a black sribble on the last claw. Under the red text... you could see it in black, those are the sigs.
skateboarding....

I used to be pretty good, but then i quit to concentrate on music full time. i got back on last summer and tried to grind a bench, fell, dislocated my finger, ruining my picking hand for three weeks and vowed to never skateboard again.

I found a board and did a kickflip perfectly on the first try yesterday.
ok howd you 360 shove before you ollied? or even just a regular shove it???
anyway it took me about 2 months to start landing flip tricks like kickflips and stuff. but i can anymore cuz i dont skate as much...stupid cold weather
I don't know how I did it to be honest. I was just screwing around trying to kick the board around and realized what I was trying to do was a 360 shuv it. It just kinda came to me. Might seem like an accident, but after so many times trying to land it and coming close.. then finally doing it... I think I have the hang of it.

Ollie im trying -_-, but hey I just started... i could jump just a little bit. How much pressure do you have to put on your back foot when you do the ollie?
Quote by Supafly1824
I don't know how I did it to be honest. I was just screwing around trying to kick the board around and realized what I was trying to do was a 360 shuv it. It just kinda came to me. Might seem like an accident, but after so many times trying to land it and coming close.. then finally doing it... I think I have the hang of it.

Ollie im trying -_-, but hey I just started... i could jump just a little bit. How much pressure do you have to put on your back foot when you do the ollie?

Pretty much slam down with your back foot then slide your front foot up the board while the board is popping up... its hard to explain its just something you do ahah

All in the timing.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
new completes are like 110$
to ollie all u have to do is push down wiht ur back foot and slid the side of ur front foot up and jump
^good call it was probably just a 360 shuv
pop shuvits come up well into the air and u catch them before landing

there a great website that helps alot with tricks that ill give u
www.skateboard-city.com

im currently trying to get my tre down
i can land it, but not often
ive been on that trick forever.

edit: to ur last post, it would matter on how high u were trying to get
i could put no effort in and get a couple inches or i could leap up and get like 3 feet
its the motion u should work on
u just have to kick down with ur back foot and before the tail hits the ground slide ur body to the top of the board to level it out.
hope i helped
Last edited by severed head at Mar 12, 2008,
Ahhh hopefully I get money soon.

I think my problem was not pushing hard enough on my back foot... when I did the 360 shuv it I got a lot of pressure on my back foot and it came out nicely.

Also when i skated today it felt so natural... expected it to be impossible after all this time off. Now I'm excited to get out there and practice
Quote by severed head
^good call it was probably just a 360 shuv
pop shuvits come up well into the air and u catch them before landing

there a great website that helps alot with tricks that ill give u
www.skateboard-city.com

im currently trying to get my tre down
i can land it, but not often
ive been on that trick forever.

Thanks man.

And after looking at youtube you are correct, it's a 360 shuv it I did, not the pop shuvit. Excuse my noobness
yay
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Quote by sFsKroniK

Very good but a bit sloppy man. Not saying I could do that, but I was real good when I was around 11 years old.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I started ages and ages ago, after then second winter came I stopped because it was impossible to skate and then never picked it up again (I think that's when I started guitar...). I was naff though, I could only Ollie and 180. I could Ollie over 2 or 3 decks though, my brain just didn't work with my feet when it came to actual tricks.
Quote by tr3nt
Very good but a bit sloppy man. Not saying I could do that, but I was real good when I was around 11 years old.

its not all me haha but ya im gettin old and just not really givin a **** just havin fun
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Dude, that's crazy. I was actually just out today. Problem is that I moved to this middle of nowhere town and there's only a handful of spots. Anyway...
The day I started, the first thing I did was ride from the school to town (my old one). We decided to take the steepest hill with the most messed up sidewalk and more cars driving maybe a foot away from you than you could shake a stick at. I loved every second of it. That was five years ago. Still can't do tricks for crap (kinda heavy myself) but I still ride like 'ell.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
well first ollies then kickflips the base of all tricksand then you can realy just go where ever with tricks from there but yeh dude sk8ing a deck sighned by tony and mike cmon dude hang that **** up and get an diffrent one
I used to board. Not no mo.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
I relearned back lips, smith grinds, and nosegrinds on my flatbar. I did a 5-0 on a rail for the first time yesterday. Good times.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
lolz i grind railz all day long in my vans

not really. I tried to learn once..after like a week I couldn't stay on the board for more than like five feet without stepping off. It was terrible.
Thanks for the replies. Got some questions though...

1. When you ollie... are you yourslef jumping? What I did was slammed the back as hard as I can, the pop sounded good... but after that I always messed it up... sometimes my front foot came off the board and other times I have trouble with the slide.

2. When people say they can only 6 inches, 8 inches, 2 feet.. or whatever, how do you measure that? Do you measure how high the back of the baord went, the front, middle?

I landed a few ollies today... enough height to clear the curb. I want to correct what im doing wrong and get an idea of where im at though.
Anybody? I was able to ollie the curb with 3 or so inches to spare. Soo... back to my 2 questions?
The fuzz almost fined me once, because I tried to 180 flip ( I was wasted at the time), I fell off the board, and the skateboard hit a police car. Fun times. What's the law system coming to eh?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
when i skated (i kinda just stopped about 4 months ago once it got cold, i dont know if im gonna pic it up again) i loved it so much, but it seems like i just kinda lost interest,

i still respect real skaters tho, but not the kids that just do it because its "cool"

the ones that live to skate are the real skaters, i was, but unfortunatly it just seems ive lost interest
I used to skate but gave up when i realised there was no variety and was a pretty dead end sport.

Yeh, i was allright i guess.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I used to skate but gave up when i realised there was no variety and was a pretty dead end sport.

Yeh, i was allright i guess.

Shut the fuck up. You have no idea what skateboarding is about.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

yea, skateboarding is more of a lifestyle than a sport, just because its physical ppl call it a sport? the problem with that thinking is that skateboarding has no real point, its just doing what you want when u want to
Quote by darkstar2466

I skated for 5 years man. So **** you, c*nt.

And it is, the same thing over and over again.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I skated for 5 years man. So **** you.

if you skated u obviously didnt do it for anything other than being "cool"

the real skaters know that there isnt a point to it other than to enjoy it, so why would there be a point for it to not be "a dead end sport" ?
Quote by nt1440
if you skated u obviously didnt do it for anything other than being "cool"

the real skaters know that there isnt a point to it other than to enjoy it, so why would there be a point for it to not be "a dead end sport" ?

Nah man. I did enjoy it. I just moved on, plus round here all the skaters are absolute dildos.

And i didnt just do it to be cool you f*ckwit.
Page 1 of 2