How do i get my guitar to sound like Santanas in Europa? Im learning the song and i love it but i cant get his sound. any suggestions?
i have an epiphone les paul. all i have is a distortion pedal and my amp only has gain, treble and overdrive. pretty limited.
Quote by stitches31
i have an epiphone les paul. all i have is a distortion pedal and my amp only has gain, treble and overdrive. pretty limited.

What kind of amp is it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by stitches31
Peavey 26 watt

Santanas tone is very hard to get. He uses mostly P-90 pickups (basically single coils) which the LP probably doesn't have and really high end Mesa and Dumble tube amps. In addition he uses lots of mids and seeing as how your amp doesn't have a mid control... Try setting a light distortion on your pedal and use your guitars treble knob to muffle up the sound a bit.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Santanas tone is very hard to get. He uses mostly P-90 pickups (basically single coils) which the LP probably doesn't have and really high end Mesa and Dumble tube amps. In addition he uses lots of mids and seeing as how your amp doesn't have a mid control... Try setting a light distortion on your pedal and use your guitars treble knob to muffle up the sound a bit.

alright ill try it. not now, its 11 at night. neighbors might get mad.