I got this new guitar and it has some decent fret buzz on my top 3 strings. I know I'd have to adjust the Truss rod or whatever to fix it, but I don't really know how to do so properly. I also seem to have bad intonation, as the 12th fret of each string does not match properly. Even the 5th fret of the strings don't match next. I know how to adjust intonation properly. But the thing is should I just bring it to someone and have them do it for me? Or do it myself?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
its not hard at all to intonate, what kind of bridge do you have? ive never even used a guitar with a FR so dont ask me for help with one haha. ill help you with any other kind of bridge
I know how to do the intonation on this ZR Trem, it's actually pretty easy. It's just the fret buzz garbage I'm worried about.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
if the notes are flat increase the string lenth, or vice versa if they're flat, as for buzz, could be a nut or fret problem, but the easiest fix is to raise your action
Quote by Lefty7Stringer
if the notes are flat increase the string lenth, or vice versa if they're flat, as for buzz, could be a nut or fret problem, but the easiest fix is to raise your action

But the action is freakin awesome... ; ; Haha. Wouldn't really be a fret problem cuz it happens all over. Just depends on how hard I play, am I just playing too hard? Haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I think the first thing is to raise the bridge saddles a bit. The action will be a bit higher but you're gonna hafta sacrifice something.
Quote by gregs1020
Does it only buzz when you are playing "hard"?

On higher frets when I play hard, on lower frets when I play normal. If I play soft, obviously no buzz.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by Phry
On higher frets when I play hard, on lower frets when I play normal. If I play soft, obviously no buzz.

IN that case it probably isn't all that far from not buzzing. Try slightly raising the action, 1/4 turn at a time and try it.

Some people don't mind a little buzz (don't go there) with low action while it drives others insane.