I don't like the effects as much coming out of the ad100th vox head as I do the gt8....the problem is, how can I get the gt8 to work with the two? I tried going gt8 to cab and the sound is terrible, and I tried going from gt8 to head to cab and once again Im not sure how to get rid of the pre amp settings coming from the head.... Any ideas?

thanks
I tried going through head, but Im not sure how to turn off the vox effects so I can use the gt8's...=/

Do I plugin the cord from the gt8 into the Loop (return/send) slot or the input?
Quote by AlexRB
I tried going through head, but Im not sure how to turn off the vox effects so I can use the gt8's...=/

Oh, I don't think you can....but run the GT-8 through the FX loop and see how that works out.

Good luck .
Quote by AlexRB

Do I plugin the cord from the gt8 into the Loop (return/send) slot or the input?

There should be a bypass on the control panel to turn off the effects on the amp
Thanks for your patience.....so it goes guitar into the gt8's input slot, then the gt8's output slot into the vox's input? or does it go from some exp pedal slot to vox head?
But even with the head on bypass, the sound is still affected by the "amp" settings given that it has to be on one of them....boutique cl,black, tweed, uk etc etc....=/
Ok I have the gt8-head-cab....and guitar goes into gt8 right?
Plug your guitar into the GT8 then run a cable from the output of the GT8 into the fx return of the Vox. This should bypass your Vox's preamp and you'll be using the GT8 as your preamp with the Vox acting as a power amp only.
edit: I think that this is what you want anyway
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by AlexRB
But even with the head on bypass, the sound is still affected by the "amp" settings given that it has to be on one of them....boutique cl,black, tweed, uk etc etc....=/

Well it is a modeling amp so that is a given, but just put it on boutique clean or black and it should work fine