I got an Ibanez rg3670dxgp3 and after about a week i broke a string. i restrung it, and then the whole thing was out of tune. i went to Guitar Center and they sent it to the repair guy. Today i got it back and it still does not stay in tune very well after a divebomb or so on the whammy bar. Should i try to get it fixed again or return it and get something with a better tremolo system?
thanks for your help.
Did you stretch the strings out? Break them in?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Edge III's are terrible.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
While the trems are known to not be reliable, in your case since the guitar is new its is most likely that the strings havnt even strechted yet.

Btw i dont know how reliable those GC techs are.
haha...the name is very long. but edge iiis are very crappy tremolos. however, if you tighten the screws on both sides tight enough (BUT don't forget, metal is malleable. do not tighten too tight) and make sure it is actually set up (because if you just bought the guitar and left, i'd figure it would do something like that) by checking if the natural harmonics at the 12th fret, the actual 12th fret and an open sound the same (actually its better if you have a tuner) and they're all in the same general area. if they aren't, take it back and tell them to set it up. if it is set up, take it back to guitar center and tell them, you sold me a piece of crap!
I would also suggest something without a floyd design.. I just switched over to an un locked esp with a floyd from my locked down RG370dx EDGEIII and forgot how much i hated floyds.. I was all gung ho because it wasnt a edge III then pick it up after tune'ing it perfectly and restringing it. Even stretched the strings out for about 10 minutes to make sure it wouldnt go out of tune. Two days later... boom the thing is insanely out of tune... and once it goes out your back to square one with the tuning and tightening and blah blah blah. So last night i ordered a tremol-no and that will be the end of that tuning issue lol...

+1000
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
My Edge III seems to work okay, and I bought my RG350 in November.
(Although it does go out by a couple of cents blah blah blah its not the greatest thing in the world, lol)

Anyways, my advice would be to check the intonation and check if the locking nut is tight enough.
Quote by jake911
While the trems are known to not be reliable, in your case since the guitar is new its is most likely that the strings havnt even strechted yet.

Guitar center has techs?

Ohhhhh you must mean those guys that i always see looking at a guitar on the tech table but never actually fixing it... Those my friends are appraisers there job is to look at the guitar determine its value and possibly replace the strings on the guitar without stretching them...

Seriously lol, i always saw them just looking at the guitar never fixing it. No joke i thought they were just appraising the guitars people brought in to sell for the longest because they never did anything to it but maybe replace the strings. It all came clear when i had them replace a string on a guitar i was going to buy. They said hold on let me get my tech. And they handed it off to the guy i always saw just staring at the guitars for hours. Then they took it over to the appraisers booth as i called it lol. And it took 5 minutes to put a new string on, it was a sloppy job and instantly fell out of tune because it wasn't stretched... GC your the greatest....

Hell just go in and test them.... Ask them questions about a guitar, one of them didn't even know what a nut was.... He had to get assistance lol
Quote by hendrixmusicman
haha...the name is very long. but edge iiis are very crappy tremolos. however, if you tighten the screws on both sides tight enough (BUT don't forget, metal is malleable. do not tighten too tight) and make sure it is actually set up (because if you just bought the guitar and left, i'd figure it would do something like that) by checking if the natural harmonics at the 12th fret, the actual 12th fret and an open sound the same (actually its better if you have a tuner) and they're all in the same general area. if they aren't, take it back and tell them to set it up. if it is set up, take it back to guitar center and tell them, you sold me a piece of crap!

You just told him to lower his action
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i returned it and am probably going to get a new more expensive guitar with an original floyd rose. I tried out a schecter hellraiser with EMGs and an original floyd rose and it was a little piece of heaven. (no avenged sevenfold pun intended)
thanks for your help.