So my friend really wants to start playing guitar. He's in it for pretty much metal and had rock stuff. He has a very strict 200 dollars budget.. including taxes and all. Anyway, which of these packages are better suited for him? Hes a complete starter.

Silvertone Rockit 21:

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SVTRK21PAK

Epiphone SG:

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-Player-Pack-518745-i1150173.Music123

Thanks.
id say the first one. but then again the only major difference is the amp
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
silvertone has more stars.... but read different reviews from different sites that helps alot
Yea pretty much. I had the silvertone, wasn't bad at all.. but did not like the amp. SO I was wondering if the Epi is any better.
i take that back. the first one.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
the epiphone is better mainly because it has a better amp and it is an epiphone over a silvertone so i would say the epi
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
I've read reviews from all site, UG, harmony central, everything. Lots of mixed reviews... they both seem to get the same score.... -_-

Doesnt make things much easier
well silvertone doesnt strike me to have the same quality control as epiphone. i'm thinking epiphone will be better. really, i'd say go with the epiphone for a starter one. then you wont have to make everyone think you're a noob. like you can just like...say in ur sig epiphone sg. because a silvertone will give you bad rep. lol. but its up to you. play em both if you can.
Quote by Vol=11
it depends on your FRIENDS preferences.

+1
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Nope, been at it for close to a year. They both look the same to me... but im sure one has to be slightly better than the other. I know what the silvertone can do, not sure about the Epi.
Have him play them both. With the entry level stuff, a lot comes down to how it was originally set up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
you can disregard the amps altogether because they're both just basic SS amps. it's all about which guitar he prefers.
yea, i agree....sorta. but i've played the sg and it's quite nice. i think when you're at that price, it's about the shape of the guitar. mostly because both amps will suck. they have a budget to spend like...idk 30-50 bucks on the amp
yuck forget the starter pack, its a piece of trash amp, he can do better for sure.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels