turn one all the way on and the other off to check if they're the volume for each pickup, if it still works with one all off and the selector in the middle or at the position of the knob's pickup, then it's a tone knob.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
master tone? hmm...doesnt seem like a winner idea to me. but i just wanted to know if there was a tone knob. so that way you can play jazz.
Quote by hendrixmusicman
master tone? hmm...doesnt seem like a winner idea to me. but i just wanted to know if there was a tone knob. so that way you can play jazz.

uh...you can play jazz just fine with a master tone knob. I dont know who told you otherwise...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
uh...you can play jazz just fine with a master tone knob. I dont know who told you otherwise...

no one. i just wanted to make sure there was a tone knob and not 2 volumes.
you can play jazz by burning your guitar and throwing it across the room. that's the whole point of jazz.

you, you could play five similar notes in a row, then do a tapping solo and call it jazz
Quote by Guitar Eater
you can play jazz by burning your guitar and throwing it across the room. that's the whole point of jazz.

you, you could play five similar notes in a row, then do a tapping solo and call it jazz

you're an idiot. stop talking.
Yeah, it's a master volume and master tone. The tone knob is actually rather effective on mine, though granted it doesn't seem to do anything past about 5 or 6. still, good number of different tones you can get.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay