Is this a good idea? IDK if this is going to be way too bright of a sound, i know that the tubes will warm up the sound of the amp

also how would a PRS SE custom sound though one

im looking for an amp with amazing cleans, distortions are not needed at all, i have pedals for that, the clean tones are needed for the band im trying to start, i might end up going with a Death cab for cutie sound mixed with Mark Tremonti, and some Good Charlotte (cleans, as in the motivation proclamation and the world is black) and clean Van Halen and most importantly Incubus (off the make yourself album)
yeah, i play a fender strat through a Fender Hotrod Deville and it sounds great, especially the cleans, the PRS should sound good too.
Match made in heaven. Swap out the tubes in an hrd for some JJs and the thing is almost dark. An MXR ten band doesn't hear either. I'm actually cutting bass on mine, though I like a fairly bright sound.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
how is the bass on these amps

also ive been stuck in solid state forever so i have no idea how loud a 15 watt fender tube amp would be
i put my line 6 flextone 3 150watt amp at normally full preamp and 40-50% on master
what volume tube amo should i look to get to play at those volumes clean
Quote by deadagain6591
how is the bass on these amps

also ive been stuck in solid state forever so i have no idea how loud a 15 watt fender tube amp would be
i put my line 6 flextone 3 150watt amp at normally full preamp and 40-50% on master
what volume tube amo should i look to get to play at those volumes clean

punchy and tight imo. i like the bass i get out of fender hot rods and blues deluxes.
"thumpy" is the right word to describe the bass on HR's
mind you, i think all of us were talking about the hot rods here, not about say a super reverb

15 watt won't get you over a loud drummer cleanly.
wow, that's quite loud ! i think that's because either you scooped the mids (if so, turn them up !) or because of the fact that SS don't cut through the mix as well as tube amps.
i think you'll need atleast 30 tube watts to play at those volumes clean, although i have no idea how loud that line 6 is exactly.

hope i helped