I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now.....I've played a bass a couple of times so I can play decently without using a pick.....Now, would I technically be called a beginner? Am I an intermediate since I already know how to play one? Either way, what bass would be best for me to buy right now? I'm seriously looking for a nice bass guitar to buy around $300 or so.....4 string, 5 string, I don't really care.....Just wanted to know what to look for....I'm going to Guitar Center in about a month so I'll probably play a bunch there or get a used one or something.....But what do you guys (and gals) think I should be looking for?
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
You're a beginner (in the best possible way) - leave your preconceptions at the door because bass playing is a different mindset to guitar. The FAQ has a good list of starter basses worth checking out but you'll know what feels right in your hands.
Hey thanks guys.....Helped alot.....
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by fattymcfatten
Hey thanks guys.....Helped alot.....

just to add my $.02 i would suggest that because you are just starting out you not restrict yourself to a "starter instrument".they are not as satisfying to play and if you decide its not for you you will only be able to sell to another beginner. if you buy new you take a big hit resale wise as soon as you exit the store.id go for something used that would sell to a working player and you probably will never lose any value,and your time with it will be more enjoyable
well if you're gonna go for playing bass and not give up a month down the line then you'd best invest in something around £200-400 (i think thats about $400-800)
if you're gonna just fiddle with it get a starter

and intermediate players usually are about 2, 3 years into playing bass
it depends on the scale you're using, beginner being able to play basslines and everything, intermediate getting techniques like slapping down, good basslines and everything
I'm only just intermediate i reckon and I'm taking my grade 5 bass exam in july
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.