Hey, political scientists, care to help out a C+ politic student?

Another essay paper due tomorrow and I'm working on this, but I don't have The Social Contract... (his book) with me. I need to compare and contrast his ideas of equality and liberty to John Mill's and Karl Marx's (whom books I do have). I know Rousseau is all what is best for a civil society and that majority rules, but other specific things (I can't stress that enough) is there that make him so different to the other guys?
i just wrote a paper on Rousseau, let me find it and ill post it, maybe it can help you out.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
I know he had the ideas of general will and natural goodness of humans, stating that all humans are naturally good, but bad habits were caused by the corrupting society.
Quote by Dumpweedrock
i just wrote a paper on Rousseau, let me find it and ill post it, maybe it can help you out.

If you can that'll be great.
i couldn't find my paper, but yeah fixer is right about what he said. Rousseau also held the belief that "might does not make right" and what a social contract is if i remeber correctly.... it's where a group of free people make a desicion to give up some of their freedoms in order to protect the rest of them. for example, they give up their right to kill someone in order to protect themselves or anyone else form being killed, aka making murder illegal, or taking away their natural freedom/right to kill anything they want.
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Last edited by Dumpweedrock at Mar 13, 2008,
Well, apparently he's not the guy from Pocahontas, so I got nothin'.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Dumpweedrock
i couldn't find my paper, but yeah fixer is right about what he said. Rousseau also held the belief that "might does not make right" and what a social contract is if i remeber correctly.... it's where a group of free people make a desicion to give up some of their freedoms in order to protect the rest of them. for example, they give up their right to kill someone in order to protect themselves or anyone else form being killed, aka making murder illegal, or taking away their natural freedom/right to kill anything they want.

Cool, thanks. So I guess that make Rousseau the person with the weakest conception of freedom and equality right? Since he's putting the society first instead of the individual unlike Mill.
well i don't know anything about the other guys, but in my opinion, rousseau has a pretty strong conception of freedom and equality, since he belives each and every person, of any race, gender, anything, is born with the same freedoms and rights. so in that sense he has a very strong idea of freedom and equality. if i knew more about the other guys i could help you okre but i dont so sorry.