So what do you think is an underated and barely mentioned bass amp around here. For me its genz benz, when i was buying my eden 410, i was ab ing it against a genz benz 410 and it sounded really nice for the price.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
*wonders if I'd get a warning for suggesting Ashdown*

I've only ever tried one Genz amp and it broke on me. Put me off them for life.
i heard they are built like a mac truck, but i would probably have the same opinion if i was in your situation
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

i havent heard alot about mesa boogie in here

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
i havent heard alot about mesa boogie in here

they make fantastic bass amps but do not warrant the price tag they carry unfortunatley, you can get them for decent second hand prices but here in Australia the second hand mesa boogie bass amp market is rather small
Quote by Drmckool

To the list I will add Orange amps, mentioned sometimes, but not frequently. I only wish I could afford one.

On Mesa Boogie, they are quite nice sounding amps but pricey. And in my area of the world they tend to lock in with only one exclusive distributer in a geographic area, which makes it hard to get decent pricing competition.

Kustom--high end, they are nice solid, great sounding equipment. But god, their lower end combos are frightful in how bad they sound.
Quote by anarkee
To the list I will add Orange amps, mentioned sometimes, but not frequently. I only wish I could afford one.

On Mesa Boogie, they are quite nice sounding amps but pricey. And in my area of the world they tend to lock in with only one exclusive distributer in a geographic area, which makes it hard to get decent pricing competition.

Kustom--high end, they are nice solid, great sounding equipment. But god, their lower end combos are frightful in how bad they sound.

I saw an orange bass amp in the shops a few days ago, it looked all tube to me, do they sound nice??
Quote by Drmckool

Quote by bazz_aaron
I saw an orange bass amp in the shops a few days ago, it looked all tube to me, do they sound nice??

God yes...great fat bass tone. I've only tried the combos but like I said, I'd love to own an Orange some day!
Quote by bass_boss
How about Nemesis and Kustom?

The Nemesis series is good. I have a 2x12 320watt combo from that series, really good in my opinion.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by anarkee
God yes...great fat bass tone. I've only tried the combos but like I said, I'd love to own an Orange some day!

well thats good to know, i love there guitar amp but never saw them as bass amp people... wonder why that is
Quote by Drmckool

howzabout traynor,i hear they are decent for the money and for the price of an svt you can buy 3 yba 200's.....these days a strong canuck buck makes them a tad pricier than usual but they dont have to be shipped from viet nam.at least think they are still made here.if i was sitting on a big pile of cash i would want a hiwatt
i remember i used to like crate alot......

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I could probably get my hands on an orange, but around here [within 15 minutes drive of me] i can't find any trace elliots.

Also.. crates arn't too bad. And maybe top-end Monster?
PEAVEY!

Peavey is the most underrated brand of bass amp I've ever come across. I own one of their 'lower priced' combos, and it blows everything else in its price range out of the water. I thought £240 for a 50watt combo was steep when I was forking over the cash (plastic) but it was worth every penny. It's stood up to nearly four years of constant abuse (including gigs) and it's still gunning like a trooper. Good times.
Um what are the opinions on here about those "MarkBass" combos ....? I've heard some intense bumming on the TalkBass forum, but I would like some more input/feedback

(I'm a tad sacred to register there, out in the big world of Pro Bass .... no offense to anyone on here who is actually a veteran/Pro player, just that site is a bit intimidating .... well more I haven't got around to registering )

Because I currently only have, what seems to be know as a "Big?Over-sized Practice Amp" - And well I'd like to know what to go try & these MarkBass ones seem to come up a bit.

Thanks in advanced
Tech 21. Everyone knows how good their preamps/DI's are but I've never heard anyone talk about their amps or cabs.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Warwick basses get loads of attention, but their amps seem te get little credit.
Great low-priced amps, though.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
Um what are the opinions on here about those "MarkBass" combos ....? I've heard some intense bumming on the TalkBass forum, but I would like some more input/feedback

(I'm a tad sacred to register there, out in the big world of Pro Bass .... no offense to anyone on here who is actually a veteran/Pro player, just that site is a bit intimidating .... well more I haven't got around to registering )

Because I currently only have, what seems to be know as a "Big?Over-sized Practice Amp" - And well I'd like to know what to go try & these MarkBass ones seem to come up a bit.

Thanks in advanced

I love my combo, it's just awesome, tight modern tone when you leave it flat, roll the ready built filters slightly and you get a classic vintage tone. You can get a great range of useable tones from just using the two filters on the amps. Plus the amps weihg practically nothing.

I have a Mini CMD 121P and although its only slightly bigger than my old practice amp, it has a massive sound. I've used it for a few performanes in my school hall, and although it's small, I could fill the hall with enough sound at about half volume.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
In my opinion, Eden is the premier bass amp and cab company in terms of overall quality - they're not funk amps, rock amps, light amps (although they do have them), etc - they're everything amps.

The old company line "How do you get a good tone out of an Eden? Turn it on." is very fitting. Nemesis is they're cheaper line that's imported and has cabs made of cellulose fibre.

I've played through Genz Benz on stage in numerous environments over the last few months, and they're great. Trully not talked about.

But, don't forget, EBS makes amps. NOBODY talks about them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'll plug the traynor YBA200 I've been using for a just a little over a month now. It's a pretty darn nice little bassman like amp, and a heck of a lot cheaper than most other tube powered bass amps. It's pretty bare bones, and the overdrive doesn't drive me too crazy, but the cleans are absolutely beautiful and I manage to use a little OD too.

I've never heard anyone really talk about the traynors on here, so I think that's pretty rare.
idk about the credibility of yorkville amps... but they seem to get decent reviews
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I'll plug the traynor YBA200 I've been using for a just a little over a month now. It's a pretty darn nice little bassman like amp, and a heck of a lot cheaper than most other tube powered bass amps.

ive used the yba1 in the past and they were great for the cash.....need more power?buy 3 yba 200's for the price of one svt use 2 and always have a back up......course if money is no object get 3 svt's
Epifani - best cab I've EVER heard ANYONE play through!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
anyone else like roland or am i dumb? i dont know if SS is hated on as much with bass as with guitar but i like the way they sound
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by Pink Muse
I don't see much on Avatars. They're pretty nice.

Traynors are great amps and Peavey is very under rated on this forum, because they are cheap money wise and not carvin or crate or ampeg. I think on this forum people think you need all high end stuff to be a good bass player/guitar player, its the player that makes the player not the gear...just my 2 cents worth.

here come the insults.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
I find Peaveys to be pretty good value, but their tone is just so sterile. I can't stand it!

Traynor/Yorkville is excellent though - great, high powered, quality-built (Canada, I believe), long-lasting products with a great price tag.

I don't think people on this forum think that you have to have expensive gear to be considered good. I think it just happens that most companies that have good products also tend to price them higher, because they know the power of their brand and the quality is much higher.

Actually, very well priced brands like Carvin, Traynor, Yorkville and Peavey get mentioned here every now and then, especially Carvin.
I love my Mesa 400+ to death; I've wanted one since I was 14 and now finally own it. I had an SVT Classic for a little while and it was alright (I'm into more modern tones, which is why it didn't sit too well), but when I heard that they were discontinuing the 400+ I knew I had to have one. So I found this mint-condition 2001 model and traded my SVT for it. Couldn't be happier.

Another little-mentioned tube amp is the Peavey Classic 400. I'd kill for a tweed one..... those things are just amazing. 400 watts all-tube, eight 6550's, and enough character to level the house. They're really rare, though.

I also agree on Edens. Great beefy amps. The WT800B is probably my favorite, I've used one at shows several times and it always sounds excellent.

As far as cabs, my favorite little-mentioned beasts are the Bergantinos. Namely, the NV610 and NV215. If I could get one of each to match up with my 400+..... god, what a tonal orgasm that'd be.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by Crashman77
Traynors are great amps and Peavey is very under rated on this forum, because they are cheap money wise and not carvin or crate or ampeg. I think on this forum people think you need all high end stuff to be a good bass player/guitar player, its the player that makes the player not the gear...just my 2 cents worth.

here come the insults.

In a way it does. What's the first thing a listener notices when they listen to your song? How well the bassline fits into the pocket? How well it supports to song? How fast the sixteenth notes are? How even the notes are? No. None of those things. It's what your sound is. That's what everyone is going to notice first. If they don't like the tone, they're not going to stick around to hear the pocket or support.

My opinion on the little mentioned amp thought is this: an amp is usually not mentioned for two reasons. One is that it isn't very good. The other is that the amp is out of the price range of the average person. E.g. Eden, Mesa and Genz-Benz.