They're great guitars if you can't afford an American one. They're only $429.99 at musiciansfriend.com, though ...
You can probably find one for cheaper than that.

Anyways, it's a great axe.
It's been said. Great guitar, especially for the money. Also, good enough quality that if down the road you want to start customizing it it's actually worth the money.

That being said get it on MF...it's cheaper and new.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
it's a great guitar, but I got mine used in IMMACULATE condition for 300. granted that's a deal, but that price seems steep.

If you want a great player and reliable as all hell, go with a mim strat. you could put american pickups in it and BAM! presto! an american strat, and you still have 1500 bucks that you saved!
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
MIM strats (made in mexico) are great for anything! get it and you won't regret it!
It's all about feel
That one is already at $500 with days to go. Odds are it's going to way over the going rate for MIM Strats.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I got my fender mexican tele at guitar center for $325. Great deal.
I think mexican ones are awesome. MIA is always gonna be a little bit nicer, but in my opinion not nice enough to make up for the $600 extra. A mexi tele (or strat) with a pickup upgrade will be a cheap way to get close to a MIA tele (or strat).
I like my MIM Strat but I think I made a mistake in getting the rosewood fretboard. In retrospect the maple fretboard would have been a brighter choice. Easily upgradable but quite capable with stock pick-ups.
Just buy a new one. They not bad guitars. $500 for a MIM Strat is ridiculous in my opinion, especially a chipped one.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Thats from a site in New Zealand thus the high price...
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
I love mine, i got it for 300 on Ebay. It is a very versatile guitar with plenty of tonal range
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
I live in new zealand, It's very expensive. a brand new maxican stra cost about over $1000+. Which is about $800 USD.
Yeah I was just about to mention that that's a new zealand site, took people a while to pick that up.

But yes, MIM strats are very good guitars, though I would prefer to try it out in person as there are variables between individual guitars. I've played MIM strats that I absolutely love and ones that I didn't like at all. I bought one from a store and I love it, the one I bought online I got a great deal on but when it came I wasn't happy with it.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself