Page 1 of 2
I have really bad grades. My parents expect a prog. report on friday, and I can't let them find out.
I can easily pull my grades up by the end of the semester to at least a B avg, but right now, it's at a D.
My question: Should I be sick on friday? I already am pretty sick, and I could stay home, delaying the inevitable question, "How did this happen?"
My answer to that, being something along the lines of depressed and suicidal.

Any good ideas?
Just get it over with on Friday.

With your grades it doesn't sound like you can afford to miss a day, anyways.
I have missed 40% of the last school year, am averaging Cs when I am in school, and will probably not be able to return to school for the next and final year.

Yeah, just stay at home. What could possibly go wrong?
might as well just get it over with, and by that i mean show them the D's. get yelled at a bit, but its better to get it out of the way, cause if they find out you were delaying it its just gonna be worse
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by Tyranus-3121
might as well just get it over with, and by that i mean show them the D's. get yelled at a bit, but its better to get it out of the way, cause if they find out you were delaying it its just gonna be worse

but my parents are overprotective and retarded.

they will never shut up about it, they'll take everything away from me, including guitar, and computer priv-lages (I won't be able to talk to you anymore ): ), and they can never really find out i was doing it just cause, because i actually am sick (halfway, i could easily convince them)
Well, if you're getting Ds, don't you think your guitar and computer privelages are somehow affecting your grades?
Quote by blue_strat
I have missed 40% of the last school year, am averaging Cs when I am in school, and will probably not be able to return to school for the next and final year.

Yeah, just stay at home. What could possibly go wrong?

dude, i've missed about 3 days of school this year, what could 4 do to my record?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Well, if you're getting Ds, don't you think your guitar and computer privelages are somehow affecting your grades?

no.

i only play guitar on occasions when a normal person would have finished homework.

i'm depressed and can't focus.

my friends are retarded, none of them have noticed.
I've been through this situation more times than I can remember. If I could offer you one piece of advice it would be to act like a man.

You've done, or not done something, depends on how you look at it and no you have to pay the consequences. Own up to it, be mature and don't make excuses to your parents when they do talk to you about it.

Admit you were wrong and will sincerely try to do better. Your parents will respect you more for owning up to your actions and not trying to weasel your way out of it. Do the right thing.
Quote by AlexiLaiho227

they will never shut up about it, they'll take everything away from me, including guitar, and computer priv-lages (I won't be able to talk to you anymore ): ), and they can never really find out i was doing it just cause, because i actually am sick (halfway, i could easily convince them)

gonna have to take it on the chin man, i remember failing science got my stuff taken away too but i improved my study habits and if youre crafty you can figure out ways to geton the comp and play guitar
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by james975
I've been through this situation more times than I can remember. If I could offer you one piece of advice it would be to act like a man.

You've done, or not done something, depends on how you look at it and no you have to pay the consequences. Own up to it, be mature and don't make excuses to your parents when they do talk to you about it.

Admit you were wrong and will sincerely try to do better. Your parents will respect you more for owning up to your actions and not trying to weasel your way out of it. Do the right thing.

...but the "depression and suicide" thing's not a joke.
Quote by AlexiLaiho227

Good 'ol teenage angst!
Quote by AlexiLaiho227

umm, if they take everything away from you, then they're being good parents and they don't want you to end up as a crack addicted garbage man.
You deserve to have your stuff taken away. You obviously get crappy grades with those things so your parents won't want you to have them.
Not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth and the sooner you accept it the better.

*waits for 25 year olds typing in their parents' basement to tell me I'm wrong and school sucks*
Quote by rush5757

umm, if they take everything away from you, then they're being good parents and they don't want you to end up as a crack addicted garbage man.
You deserve to have your stuff taken away. You obviously get crappy grades with those things so your parents won't want you to have them.
Not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth and the sooner you accept it the better.

...see my last post, it's not my guitar distracting me.
it's not tv distracting me.
it's not the computer distracting me.
it's ****ing depression.
Quote by rush5757
*waits for 25 year olds typing in their parents' basement to tell me I'm wrong and school sucks*

It's not my parents' basement! It's MY basement! MY BASEMENT!!!
Quote by smb

See a doctor

are you joking?

like i said above, my parents are retarded, and will send me to like an asylum if i tell them that.
Quote by AlexiLaiho227
...see my last post, it's not my guitar distracting me.
it's not tv distracting me.
it's not the computer distracting me.
it's ****ing depression.

fine they just tell them you can't concentrate because you're depressed. then tell them that they can take away all your things, but you just want to go see a doctor about it. That will let them know you're serious. if they still take away your stuff, then try harder in school and get better grades and then you'll get your stuff back.

EDIT:

If your parents send you to an asylum as you said, then maybe it would be good for you since you said your SO depressed you can't do well in school and your always thinking about suicide...
Quote by blue_strat
It's not my parents' basement! It's MY basement! MY BASEMENT!!!

Last edited by rush5757 at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by homo-erectus
you COULD blame it on depression... but then youd be lying

you COULD act cool... but then you'd be lying.
Quote by rush5757
fine they just tell them you can't concentrate because you're depressed. then tell them that they can take away all your things, but you just want to go see a doctor about it. That will let them know you're serious. if they still take away your stuff, then try harder in school and get better grades and then you'll get your stuff back.

thank you.

that's all i needed,

common sense.

/thread
Quote by AlexiLaiho227
are you joking?

like i said above, my parents are retarded, and will send me to like an asylum if i tell them that.

No, I'm not joking. I don't think you are depressed, I think you've been a bit miserable and you're looking for something to blame because you haven't been working at school. If you're genuinely suffering from depression, see a doctor.
Quote by rush5757

If your parents send you to an asylum as you said, then maybe it would be good for you since you said your SO depressed you can't do well in school and your always thinking about suicide...

...k?
why do so many kids these days not take school seriously, i mean its not even that hard to pass
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by smb
No, I'm not joking. I don't think you are depressed, I think you've been a bit miserable and you're looking for something to blame because you haven't been working at school. If you're genuinely suffering from depression, see a doctor.

I was referring that I'd end up in a fucking asylum if I told them.
That's a good point, Rush, if he is that close to suicide having him committed into care would be the best thing to do.
Quote by bazz_aaron
why do so many kids these days not take school seriously, i mean its not even that hard to pass

not that hard from the perspective of the 20-year old living in his parent's basement's perspective.

hindsight is 20/20, life looks easier when you're not in the moment.
Quote by AlexiLaiho227
not that hard from the perspective of the 20-year old living in his parent's basement's perspective.

hindsight is 20/20, life looks easier when you're not in the moment.

Maybe, but I thought school was pretty easy at the time too, even if I didn't always bother with it much.
i'm over this, somebody end the thread, i'm going to sleep, this is a temp account, comment me if you feel the need to say something.

"give em hell, kid, give em hell."
I'm a 22 year old working in an Air Force basement... I slept a lot in school. It still wasn't hard to get through it. I ditched class a couple times a week my senior year and still pulled a 4.0.

Man, if he just talked to his parents I bet he'd be okay. He need's own up to not doing the work he was supposed to be doing. If he's serious about getting better grades he needs to put in the extra effort in order to catch up. There's no easy way out once you've dug yourself a hole.

The best thing is to have some integrity and not blame your own failures on everyone else.
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Quote by AlexiLaiho227
My parents expect a prog. report on friday

Still awesome!!!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Just do your damn school work you'll find out sooner or later that writing on a piece of paper and using your brain for a few minutes each day is a hell of a lot easier than trying to think of stupid ways to "fool" your parents, who have been in the same shoes you have before and know exactly what the hells going on.

Keep it real dude.
I say you bring a gun to school and wave it around for a couple hours. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

the way i see it..

Gun At School
Threats
Progress report
????
PROFIT!!!

The comments of Ultimate_Gio92 do not nessesarily reflect those of normal society and humanity in general. Please talk to your local help line if the coments made, referenced, and laughed at by Ultimate_Gio92 have offended you.
Page 1 of 2