im stuck in my guitar playing right now im going to make this post short since I have bad writing skills so bear with me.
I have been playing for I would say 8 mths so you know btw

the things I can do is

economy pick decently
alt pick decently
4 string sweeps pretty alright but not like WOW or whoa about what you would expect I guess
5 string sweeps alright but not as fast as my 4 string ones both pretty cleanly played though

I can play these chords fluently
Amaj Am Bb Bbm Cmaj Dmaj Dm D7 Emaj Em E7 Fmaj

I dont focus on songs to much like so little its sad but heres the ones I can play in order of which ones pop into mind first

good riddance-greenday
enter sandman-metallica (some only never looked at it again after like my 1st month of playing
one-metallica most of it except final solo
rockstar-nickelback
blitzerig(cant spell it)-the ramones
warmness on the soul-avenged sevenfold
beast and the harlot-avenged sevenfold(cant play solo)
gimme three steps-lynyrd skynyrd (some only)
phantom of the opera-iron maiden(just some of the beggining)
number of the beast-iron maiden(just the beggining)
fear of the dark-iron maiden(intro and a few of the riffs in it)
iron man-black sabbath(except solo)
paranoid-black sabbath(most of it)

and I think that sums of the songs but there are prolly some I cant remember and then the ones that I dont know enough of to actually list
and for scales im working on the C major scale all over the fretboard
and then notes on the fretboard I have the E strings memorized pretty well and im working on the B string right now which shouldnt take but tomarrow and then a few days to get it down tight.

im not asking to be rated or anything like that since there is a thread similier to this but all I am asking is what can I do to improve more.

oh and I do use a metronome frequently.

sorry for so much text. thx
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
try playing bloc party.
I've been playing for about 8 months now and find that bloc party songs arent impossible but take a while to master (and are awesome too!).
especially hunting for witches.
hmm new day maybe diffrent replys?
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Last edited by punk_metal2007 at Mar 14, 2008,
get a friend who knows how to play guitar or a back track and improvise...put those scales to werk....make up a few songs....and learn alot more tunes...and always challenge urself....usually not as hard as it sounds
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
i really don't think you can sweep yet - there's a huge difference between knowing how to do something and actually being able to do it.

Just about the worst thing you can ever do is over-estimate your own ability, the moment you start kidding yourself that you can do something you can't is the moment you set yourself up to become a guitarist of fail.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
i really don't think you can sweep yet - there's a huge difference between knowing how to do something and actually being able to do it.

Just about the worst thing you can ever do is over-estimate your own ability, the moment you start kidding yourself that you can do something you can't is the moment you set yourself up to become a guitarist of fail.

im pretty sure im doing it not nearly as fast as the famous people known for it or 1/4 the speed for that matter but from what I know im doing it ''correctly'' but as far as impressive nah I know im not doing it that good
Quote by SkyValley
Last edited by punk_metal2007 at Mar 15, 2008,
thats how i feel whenever i learn new songs. i learn them myself using tabs and then i play with the song going and im waay to slow
If you're looking for some intermediate guitar work, Guns n' Roses has a lot of songs that will fall into that range. Some solos may be too difficult but there are some to choose from - the solos in Knockin' on Heaven's Door are easy and fantastic.

Also, try some other Metallica stuff - the interlude solo in MoP, Nothing Else Matters and the intro solo of Fade to Black.
hey i play a lot of bloc party too but am kinda stuck when it comes to settings on my digitech rp80 for the main rift in hunting for withces, ive made one up but it dont sound that great got ne idea??