hey everyone im currently in the process of building a HSH strat.
Pictures are here HSH Strat

anyways i was wondering what size pots to use... there will be 1 tone,1volume,and a killswitch will take up the 3rd hole. but because there is a single coil in the middle it has confused me, either to use 500 or 250. thanks
Quote by doyab
hey everyone im currently in the process of building a HSH strat.
Pictures are here HSH Strat
lol wut? Your pickguard is HSH, but your body is routed SSS.

Quote by doyab
anyways i was wondering what size pots to use... there will be 1 tone,1volume,and a killswitch will take up the 3rd hole. but because there is a single coil in the middle it has confused me, either to use 500 or 250. thanks
500k.

If you find the middle is too bright, when used all by itself, you can try using a 500k resistor wired in parallel with the pickup. That, plus the volume control will load it down to 250k.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Grimpenguin
you can't do an HSH on that guitar, the body is SSS

Yes you can! Just get out your router and make the cavities large enough for a humbucker. It's a VERY simple task, and you should not be afraid to tackle it.

Rock on!
ok well that was the plan anyways with the routing i already have worked that bit out... but as for the pots from what ive gatherd i shud try 500k in the tone and 250 for the volume? thankz
It doesn't really matter--much. 250K pots, when used with humbuckers, can bleed some of the treble to the ground.
i think i might just get 2 500k pots... unless someone can say 250 will be better for the job
Like Aviano says, it shouldn't matter too much. Heck, I use a 50k pot for my volume on my HSS strat.
Quote by doyab
i think i might just get 2 500k pots... unless someone can say 250 will be better for the job
Do that. Exactly that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.