I just can't choose which one I should get: the Epiphone Firebird or the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Can someone tell me about the differences in sound and playability? Don't just say "I prefer this one, because I have it", but also tell me WHY you think it's better. And PLEASE don't post messages like "Buy the Gibson", because I can't afford Gibson

It would be great if you'd help me.

Thanks
I can only comment on the les paul.
It plays great, very smooth fast fretboard.
The tone is great IMO.
the only problem I have with mine is the G string doesn't stay tuned well. but a new nut will fix that.
just play them both and pick the one that sounds better to you
if they both sound equally good pick the one you think looks better
if they both look equally spiffy flip a coin
If you have a choice, I'd say go with a Les Paul. It's going to be available in more colors (hence, one you like). As far as electronics, it looks liek you're getting the same thing either way, however, the Les Paul has a maple top which could help brighten up the sort of muddy sound that the stock pickups will have.

Ultimately though, YOU have to decide, not us. Go into a store (yeah, I know EVERYONE says that) and play a bunch of instruments. When you find "the one" you just know. It's not something that's in the specs. Try lots of stuff. Heck, "the one" might not even be an Epiphone. It could be a Jackson, or a Guild, or a Fender or anything. Be open minded and go with the one that makes an impression on you.
Well...I've always like Les Pauls, the sound and playability are top notch. I've owned an Epi Les Paul and it was nearly (if not AS good) as my Gibson, so i'd have to say go for that one.

My reasoning as to why not to get a Firebird?...Idk, I always liked how they looked, but as soon as i got the chance to play one, it felt very awkward. The one i played had 3 mini-humbuckers, im not sure which one your refering to.

But honestly, you should just get the one that you like the feel/sound/look of more.
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix amp
Gibson Les Paul
Fender MIA Strat (soon with SeymourD. Pearly Gates humbucker)
---------------------------------

The chicken obviously came before the egg....of course I only say that because I hate eggs.
firebird. everyone plays lps, they're heavy as hell and don't sound that good. the firebird is lighter and it's more comfortable to play imo.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by doctorums
firebird. everyone plays lps, they're heavy as hell and don't sound that good. the firebird is lighter and it's more comfortable to play imo.

wow, hell must be pretty gentle.

The les paul and firebird are very different guitars. I'd personally go with the firebird because i prefer the neck, although some people could find that shape awkward, so the only way you'll know is to go to a store and try them out and decide which you prefer. If thats not an option, i'd say go for the les paul, its popular for a reason.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i feel the les paul is more playable the firebird is a pain in the ass to deal with it has really odd tuners and honestley yyou cant beat a les paul.....
Either one can be set up to play great. Odds are the hardware won't be perfect so you may end up upgrading a thing or two before it's all said and done but that's beside the point. It's all a preference issue and there's really no way you can make an educated decision without trying them both yourself.

Personally I prefer the LP because it's heavier. The weight keeps it balanced very well and it's harder to jerk around if you like to move around a bit on stage.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
ok thanks guys. I know I have to try them in a store, but I'm gonna buy a second-hand one, so I can't just try any guitar. I gotta know what I'm looking for. (If I try it and it is **** I won't buy it, but some information would help me).
Some things I'd like to know:
- What does it sound like clean?
- What does it sound like with overdrive / distortion?
- How versitile is it?

Reviews just say "IT SOUNDS GREAT", but both the firebird and the lespaul "sound great" according to the reviews. So that won't help me out very much.
yeah I did. I also studied pictures of the neck, and I think I the firebird would play better, because of the thicker neck (I have pretty big hands). I also noticed that the minibuckers are really versitile, and the three volume knobs give you even more versitallity.

Thanks for helping me.
Quote by Hydra26
Ultimately though, YOU have to decide, not us. Go into a store (yeah, I know EVERYONE says that) and play a bunch of instruments. When you find "the one" you just know. It's not something that's in the specs. Try lots of stuff. Heck, "the one" might not even be an Epiphone. It could be a Jackson, or a Guild, or a Fender or anything. Be open minded and go with the one that makes an impression on you.

You know I tried this once, and it TOTALLY worked.
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.