For the last few months i have been filling out my application for the Canadian Forces and waiting on my acceptence or denial letter. Well today i got the letter and this is what it said:

Dear Mr. Davidson

I have reviewed the medical records accompanying your application to join the Canadian Forces. The medical documents indicate you were diagnosed with Patello-femoral syndrome. Accordingly medical limitations on duties have been assigned. Unfortunatly you do not meet the medical standard required by both the Regular and Reserve Forces.

*goes on about the standards for reg. and reserves*

*goes on about medical limitations and why they are given*

The next page says what the medical limitations are.

The stuff i put in bold threw me off haha i thought the letter was telling me i didn't get accepted and there reasons for denying me was the patello-femoral syndrome and i thought the limitations they gave were the ways in which the syndrome would afflict me and thats why i couldnt join. I later realised that it was actually me getting accepted and the medical limitations are things they will do to make basic training safer for me.

All day i was depressed thinking i didn't get accepted. Then i just read the letter again and realised how i was wrong haha it turned my world around this has been my dream for over 8 years now!

The part i put in red is the stuff that tells me that it is an acceptance, because limitations on duties means i will still be on duty

oh and if you are curious what patello-femoral syndrome is, its where my knee caps were grinding on the bones in my joints because my legs weren't as strong as they should be and i just needed to work out my legs and it would go away, so i did and it is gone, they just want to make sure i dont get hurt:p.

This so awesome haha
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Good luck man!

See you in the desert

-Tav
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Quote by xTaVx
Good luck man!

See you in the desert

-Tav

sorry to dissapoint you but im not going infantry:P im air force, a mechanic haha

EDIT: I want to go infantry but i have been told and shown how demanding canada's light infantry training is... and i am not near in good enough shape lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by davidson22
sorry to dissapoint you but im not going infantry:P im air force, a mechanic haha

EDIT: I want to go infantry but i have been told and shown how demanding canada's light infantry training is... and i am not near in good enough shape lol

I'm US Air Force. I saw servicemen from all over when I was in the desert last time, but I don't remember seeing any Canadian AF.

Goodluck still though!
Quote by DanRev

congrats. Enjoy your moment, life doesn't give them out very often when you grow older
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by xTaVx
I'm US Air Force. I saw servicemen from all over when I was in the desert last time, but I don't remember seeing any Canadian AF.

Goodluck still though!

Wow that's pretty cool to have members of the army coming on the UG forums.

Good luck with it all man.
When I joined up back in January, man that was by far the worst day of my life. It all wasn't too bad until the physical... which was the most embarrassing **** ever. Standing in a line with 19 other guys with nothing on, and then an old ass doctor with a flashlight moving ever so slowly upon the line of completely naked men saying, "Turn your head to the right, cough... okay turn around, spread your cheeks." The best part was when he got to this one guy and said, "Turn your head to the right and cough... pull back your foreskin... a little more." Everyone got a good chuckle out of that.

The worse part of that day was when I got home after waking up at 3:30 in the morning, talked with my girlfriend about how embarrassing the day was... and then she breaks up with me. Hadn't quite acknowledged it but wow, that really was the most depressing day I've had so far in these 18 years.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
wait what the Canadians have A MILITARY?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
*Sigh* I don't know why people join the military.
Why not just go camping with a couple of mates, take a sniper rifle, and a few cases of alcy.
Lulz always ensured.

EDIT: But congrads anyways
Hurp De Durp
congrats

i don't think i'd be allowed in the army at all, being diabetic, but i didn't wanna join up anyways

i hope you enjoy it
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Good for you.

I'm finishing my 2nd year IB and after that in December or Janurary I will have to go for national service, which is compulsory army for 2 years, making males 2 years behind when we go to university I recently finished my enlistment documentation and am awaiting medical screening and vocational test
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
hmmmm solja boy?
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
hmmmm solja boy?

Anyone else want to slap this idiot..?
Quote by DanRev

Quote by davidson22

Wait...Canada has an army?!
Peepee on yo tittays
I tried to enlist with the Marines, but I'm blind in my left eye so the bastards wouldn't let me.
I'm not American I can still see where I'm shooting.
Congratulations on getting into the army guys. Not really my cup of tea (plus I have a medical history the size of a phone book so I'd never get in) but props to you all for serving your country.
i feel safe knowing my country's army consists of people from UG
congrats, man
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Congrats. I dream of joining the military. Only I have a long term girlfriend and I am in college right now. As soon as either of those fall threw, I imagine ill be joining pretty quickly. More so then being in the military I am trying to get a degree in some sort of engineering so I can go into weapons design.
canada has a military? O.o
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
I always think of the military as a last resort. Something to do if you have no job/girlfriend/prospects etc.

To each their own though, GL.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Have Any Of You Dude Seen Saving Private Ryan The Army Is Not Cool!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop 50's Neck
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Member #23 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by Ostin
canada has a military? O.o

HAHA YH IT DOES U SEEN SOUTH PARK THE MOVIE! "BLAME CANADA!"
Gear:

Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Congrats on getting in man. I plan to apply once I graduate and turn 18. I'm thinking I'm going for light infantry though, and if I'm really good I'll see about applying for sniper training. I also want to join the US Marine Corps but I'm guessing you have to be an American citizen to do that, so I think I'll just stick with my Canuck brethren . But yeah, congratulations . Go blow some shit up on behalf of UG!
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by Anfieldsam
HAHA YH IT DOES U SEEN SOUTH PARK THE MOVIE! "BLAME CANADA!"

why do people always type in caps?
its annoying.
stop doing it.
we dont like you.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.

Quote by I_Pwn

Now Im Gunna Do All The More Hill Billie! Why Is The Always So Some Dumbass Yank Trying To Be Clever, We Don't Like You!
Gear:

Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Quote by Anfieldsam
Now Im Gunna Do All The More Hill Billie! Why Is The Always So Some Dumbass Yank Trying To Be Clever, We Don't Like You!

Lol. Stop that your so silly.

and he called me a yank.
the

Quote by I_Pwn