I just got my B-52 At100 head on top of a B-52 LS412 cabinet(didn't have enough for the At cab, also thought about getting a Avatar 4x12 but I didn't have enough money , might drop some vintage 30s into the cab), really diggin this thing. Shipping included, I spent $670 on the entire setup. Bought the cab new and the head used.

I'd say the cleans are perfect for me, really, really nice. Really suprising for a high gain amp. Distortion is amzing, no mud at all. Completly cleared up the ****ty tone I was getting out of my old Fender FM. It sounds so wonderful cranked up loud. I'm defintly glad about getting a 4x12 cab, it gives so much bass and clarity that I don't think i'd get out of a 2x12. This thing was a huge step up for me and I love it

So I'm wondering, does anyone else here use this wonderful peice of equipment?
Last edited by The Charm at Mar 13, 2008,
I had two of the B52 combos. They sound alright but they are not high gain, more like moderate gain.
^^which combos did you have? Surely not the AT series..

I have the AT-212 which is the exact same 100w amp in a 2x12 combo and I love the thing. As far as the bass and clarity goes, yeah, the combo still has it, plus speaker outs should I decide to drive a 4x12 cab with it... It's the perfect amp for me as far as I'm concerned... Wicked gain, very very nice cleans, and fills in quite nice in between...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I would rename this thread to the B-52 User Thread.
Im ordering the AT112 when it gets in stock

@uldhppi
They have a massive amount of gain on tap
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
yeah dude i have the at-212. i actually got it used for $380 at guitar center and it's absolutely gorgeous. it's freakishly loud too... but yeah the distortion is pretty excellent, the low resonance is completely intense, but i use a PODxt live through the effects loop so i can have a nice variation of tone.
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
^^Damn man, I haven't even thought about that...

I have a full pedal board that I use on the front end of the amp, and my POD XTlive has been collecting dust forever.. I might just drop it into the loop and see what it can do there with my pedal board into the front end...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yeah dude the B-52 responds really well to pedals. i had to change the output mode on the POD to combo front, which turns off the speaker and mic models. the amp really gives the POD what it needs, and it smooths out the whole digital-ness of it all.
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
You may think what you want, but I owned two of the All Tube B52 combos and the amp I have now has lots more gain.
Speaking of reliability the reason I have the amp I have now is because the two brand new B52's both died within 3 months of each other. Thank God Guitar Center has a liberal exchange policy.
Last edited by uldhppi at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by uldhppi
You may think what you want, but I owned two of the All Tube B52 combos and the amp I have now has lots more gain.
Speaking of reliability the reason I have the amp I have now is because the two brand new B52's both died within 3 months of each other. Thank God Guitar Center has a liberal exchange policy.

Again man, which amps did you have? AT series? ST Series? Because there is a difference...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by nxtvanhalen
yeah dude the B-52 responds really well to pedals. i had to change the output mode on the POD to combo front, which turns off the speaker and mic models. the amp really gives the POD what it needs, and it smooths out the whole digital-ness of it all.

Yeah, I know it responds well to pedals.. But I've found that some of the pedals on my board don't do well in the loop, so I currently only run my ISP Decimator in the loop with everything else in the front.

I haven't used my Pod XT Live in over a year and a half, and I've been wanting to dust it off for a while.... That's why I say It's a good idea to just throw it into the loop and have it rigged and set up for use whenever I like....

The only question I have is does the XT Live have a bypass mode on it? I can't remember, it's been so freakin long...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Yeah, I'm totally in love with my b-52, and it sounds sooo pro with a little OD .
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Sounds like a great amp!

Would you say it could do Heavy Classic Rock (Think AC/DC, ZZ Top, Airbourne)?

I'm a heavy classic rock guitarist that sometimes delves into classic and modern metal.

Would you recommend it to me?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
^^without a doubt
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
^^without a doubt

Awesome, thanks man.

I'll look into them.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by uldhppi

The combos have some overheating problems because theres no ventalation for the tubes. The problem can be solved by installing a fan kit in them that B-52 sends you for free if your amp is in a certain serial number range. The new combos come with the fan preinstalled I think. And I can pretty much garuntee my AT100 has more gain than your Valveking.

Nice to see some other B-52 lovers out there

Dudetheman, this amp will do anything from blues to metal. Its pretty versatile.
Quote by The Charm
The combos have some overheating problems because theres no ventalation for the tubes. The problem can be solved by installing a fan kit in them that B-52 sends you for free if your amp is in a certain serial number range. The new combos come with the fan preinstalled I think. And I can pretty much garuntee my AT100 has more gain than your Valveking.

Dudetheman, this amp will do anything from blues to metal. Its pretty versatile.

Thanks, I'm really considering buying it.

My other option was a Windsor, but it only comes in a massive halfstack, something I don't need.

The 60W combo looks perfect for me. After seeing this video review, I want one.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1479623116244565059&q=B-52+AT112&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Sweet, sweet tube tone...

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by The Charm

The newer models come with a fan installed
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Unfortunately it wasn't overheating that killed my B52's. I just turned the power on, left it on standby for a minute and flipped the standby. The pilot light immediatley went out.
I can imagine that the 100 watt version might (emphasis on might) have a little more gain than my 50 watt combo, but not the 100 watt VK head. I have played them all.
Quote by dudetheman
Thanks, I'm really considering buying it.

My other option was a Windsor, but it only comes in a massive halfstack, something I don't need.

The 60W combo looks perfect for me. After seeing this video review, I want one.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1479623116244565059&q=B-52+AT112&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Sweet, sweet tube tone...

Just make sure to open up the back of the combo and check to see if theres a fan in there. It really is a fantastic sounding amp. I'd sleep with mine if it would fit in my bed

Another nice thing about this amp is the tripple rectifer function. No waiting for the tubes to warm up to be able to play. Just turn a nob on the back and play it solid state for 5 or so minutes, then reach back again and turn it to tube A or tube A/B.
Last edited by The Charm at Mar 13, 2008,
I have both a AT100 and LG100a. They are both great amps, I think they are both highly underrated. Even the LG which is SS is a decent amp and would recommend it to anyone on a budget.
I just bought the AT112 Head and a 4x12 for $550. So, I'm feeling you on the cheap Br00t4lz! There is more gain than I could ever want in this thing. I have to keep the gain down until I get a noise gate though. I have been so impressed with this thing. It was a HUGE! upgrade from my Cube 15X lol.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Been looking at the AT-100 stack for quite some time but I'm afraid that its cleans are not quite what I want. I'm looking for something that gets a good blues tone and I play a lot of RHCP but I also play Metalcore type stuff. The problem is that I just need a really versatile amp which is why I've been looking at the Carvin V3. So yeah if the cleans on this are good I think I'm sold.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^^ The cleans on this thing are beautiful.... The "bright switch" adds a ton of range as well....

Try one out at the store, play with the settings for a while and I doubt you'd be disappointed man....

This amp is simply amazing in versatility and tone...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Hey everyone, glad to see some other "Bombers" on here lol. I've got the 60-watt combo and am quite smitten with it. I run a 7-band eq through my loop and I'm getting pretty close to Death tones with it. These things really are versatile and awsome for the price.
Marshall player peeking in. Paying my respects to the AT-100.

kthx bye lol
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Bye :p

And Soul Power, the cleans on this thing really are amzing. I've heard great things about Carvin too though so I'd try and play one of those too. My freind has a Carvin Legacy, great amp.
Anyone switch out the stock speakers in their B-52 combos? Those stock speakers really aren't good at all, and I'm thinking a nice speaker swap will make this amp shine like a star.
12 fret fury
Fellow B-52 user here. Unfortunately I have moved onto bigger and better things.

If anyone is interested i'm selling my AT 112 combo for $400
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by The Charm
Bye :p

And Soul Power, the cleans on this thing really are amzing. I've heard great things about Carvin too though so I'd try and play one of those too. My freind has a Carvin Legacy, great amp.

I've tried the V3 once and I loved it but I cant find any around here because I wanna try it again. I've also tried the AT-100 but I didn't have all that much time to tweak it for the sound I was looking for so I'll have to try it again.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
bump

So i got this cousin of mine selling his Marshall MG half stack and looking at trying to buy something different. I liked, from what i have seen and herd (from the UG comm), that this amp was cheap yet awesome. Diesels and Marshalls are too expensive, and i think that he deserves to try something new. I saw B52s in GC, but was reluctant to try them because i have never herd of them. How i want to hear how they sound. He loves Tool, Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc. Here is the thread he started, i hope i have found his answer. Does it get distorted enough? Does it make me feel like im back in the 80s? with or without a mullet? (I kinda want to "persuade" him into getting into hard rock or blues)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=814637
I purchased the AT-212 combo today.

It won't be here for another 2-4 weeks however.

I played it at guitar center and I knew it was the amp for me. Can't wait!
$400 shipped for my at 112
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12