So I had Windows Vista Home Basic (because of less memory usage) for a couple of months *cough*timestopped*cough*. Everything worked fine until yesterday. I installed three updates, and suddenly after reboot, Vista couldn't connect to the internet. I never figured out what the problem was, so I reinstalled and upgraded to Vista Ultimate. Internet worked smooth. I installed all updates, but then again, after the last reboot caused by updates. The internet stopped working again. I uninstalled the latest updates, but still no luck at all. I'm connected via cable, but the laptops in the building works fine on wireless (and yes, they have a registered version of Vista). Maybe there was an update that prevented unregistered version of Vista using the internet? That should not be possible though, since you have to connect to the internet to register. I have not used any crack on my new Vista install. Troubleshooting does not help me at all, since I need internet to update questions and answers...

Damn Vista!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
1: It's a Microsoft product
2: It's Windows
3: It's Vista

These 3 points are the result of THE END OF THE WORLD!

Apple > Microsoft
Quote by whistler369

Apple > Microsoft

I am fully aware of that, but I'm a gamer! =/
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by whistler369

Apple > Microsoft

if every program that was released on windows was on osx i would switch but no so untill then microsoft will be > apple
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
System restore, then try again
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I recently got a new computer.
It had vista already on it. Dear god its a peice of ****. So many stupid ideas/bugs/problems its insane
XP you can't go wrong.
Quote by coolo
if every program that was released on windows was on osx i would switch but no so untill then microsoft will be > apple

If every program that was released on Mac was on Windows, I still wouldnt switch.

Apple > Death > Mutilation > Humiliation > Microsoft.

Microsoft is a successful failure. Much like Politicians. Always saying what you can and can't do. You hate them. And yet... THEY'RE STILL GETTIN' YOUR MONEY!!!
Quote by whistler369

Apple > Microsoft

Could you contribute any less you mac fanatic?

I suggest system restore, if that doesn't work try reinstalling windows again but don't install all the updates this time
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
don't know why everyone is having so much trouble with vista. I use it since june 2007 and I have no problems with it.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I did say use XP. Fair enough cos MACs can't play lot sof games but I'm not really bothered about that lol
Idk, I've never had a problem with Vista, and we've had it since September or so. Pretty much works fine.
♥xx♥

Switch back to XP! Best thing to do. XP service pack 3 is about to be available, making it as modern as vista, just without that ****load of eyecandy that Vista is.

One other thing, only one thing is more irritating than those mac-fanboys are anti-fanboys.
I suppose if you had a realy good PC, it may run OK. May he's missing some compatible hardware (?). I dunno lol.
Quote by Farether
don't know why everyone is having so much trouble with vista. I use it since june 2007 and I have no problems with it.

Yeah, it's weird. I have had no problems with Vista whatsoever until one of those goddamn updates that was released yesterday...

Quote by whistler369
I suppose if you had a realy good PC, it may run OK. May he's missing some compatible hardware (?). I dunno lol.

Take a look:

Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 460GB
Video Card: NVIDIA XFX GeForce 8800 GT
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 920n 19"
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate

(Copied from Xfire)
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Mar 13, 2008,
I would say do system restore, like what everyone else is suggesting.

And yeah. I think a majority of the people who bitch about Vista being sh!tty really don't know what their talking about, and just jump on the "Vista sucks" bandwagon.
There is no thing that stops an unregistered version of vista working online. I would know if you know what i mean .
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Eh, Vista's been too hit and miss for me to even want to try it.

If anything, I'd contact Microsoft on it. That's the only thing I can think of.

The fanboys are asking for the truck again....
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Jesus. Vista is just a lame-ass copy right off of Mac OsX! No wonder it's giving you crap...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by graybass_20x6
Eh, Vista's been too hit and miss for me to even want to try it.

If anything, I'd contact Microsoft on it. That's the only thing I can think of.

The fanboys are asking for the truck again....

Can I contact Microsoft without proving that it's a valid copy of Vista?
C4C
(or in my profile!)

inb4 mac

oh too late

Anyway, to answer the above question ^ I think you can but I wouldn't contact Microsoft. Don't you have a local computer/hardware store? Contact those guys. They won't bitch about your copy not being valid (as it appears to be from your post) and they will probably be able to help you better, if they can come by to check your computer.
Right. If you can't be arsed to prove validity, then I wouldn't go to Microsoft.

Do what the man above me says.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by BloodMoon666
Jesus. Vista is just a lame-ass copy right off of Mac OsX! No wonder it's giving you crap...

SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH!!!!
I still vouch for a system restore, a healthy, steaming mug of "Shut the **** up" to the Mac fanboys, and not installing all the updates. Maybe one for your hardware is faulty.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by NemesisX
I still vouch for a system restore, a healthy, steaming mug of "Shut the **** up" to the Mac fanboys, and not installing all the updates. Maybe one for your hardware is faulty.

I have XP installed at another partition, and the internet works great there, so it's definitely not the hardware.

I think I'll contact my local hardware store, and stick to XP for a little while.

Keep the suggestions coming...
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by coolo

I'm running leopard and XP at the moment...on one computer! Best of both worlds.
Every day

is exactly

the same...
Jesus, stop the fanboyism already. If he wants Vista, he wants Vista. He knows what he's getting himself in for.

Take it to the computer shop, might cost a bit but they won't mind if it's not entirely legitimate... it's not like it's worth paying £80 or whatever for anyway (the fanboy within me is adding "when Ubuntu is free"... must resist...).

The only other thing I can suggest is that there is a crack out there (I'm looking for it now) which fools Vista SP1 into believing it's genuine, and after that you shouldn't have any troubles?
Quote by crazymnm
I'm running leopard and XP at the moment...on one computer! Best of both worlds.

Damn dual booter! Finger paints AND games? MADNESS.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.