Okay so i want to record my electric guitar directly onto my mac for better quality recordings that i can't achieve with the built in mic.
I have been reading about this and being told i need a line-in port and such, i realised only a few hours ago after days of being irritated by this that i did indeed have an external sound card WITH a line-in port, cue jubilation on my part.
So i go and dig it out, and plug it into the mac to check it works, and by golly it does
I get good audio from the audio slot and recording through it's built in mic isn't bad either.
SO next step, i fetch my guitar and amplifier and the two cables i had been told i would need and set myself up.
The cables i have are as follows:
a double ended 3.55mm audio cable with an adapter to make one end bigger.
A 3m guitar cable which has ends the same size as the adapter for my smaller one.
I plug my guitar into my amp, my amp into the soundcard and the soundcard into the mac, all well and good so far!
So, i try to record and it wouldn't, after messing around with setting i finally got it to agree to record, but i get almost nothing but roar, sure you can hear the guitar JUST in the background but the roar is just really loud, it gets quieter if you take down the input volume but changing the volume on the amp or guitar makes no difference, my distortion is of, EQ to -5 and i have no effects pedals.
Can anyone give me an suggestions?
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
Yeah, i've done all that stuff, it's really annoying it's almost scream like.
I have found though, that when i play a note it seems to dim a little and the note rings out over it.
I have no clue what is going on here >.<
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?