What are my chances of being able to play this song decently after playing about 15 months?
Depends... lol

Find out yourself xD
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Including solos? Not much, but give it a try anyway. If you're not doing solos it's be pretty easy.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Good luck and no matter how hard you find it, dont give up.

Its a fun song to play!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Hanger 18? That Beatles song about how you can never find a coathanger when you need one?

Hangar 18, on the other hand...

It's a hard song, but once you get the hang of it it should be OK.
Quote by webbtje
Hanger 18? That Beatles song about how you can never find a coathanger when you need one?

Hangar 18, on the other hand...

It's a hard song, but once you get the hang of it it should be OK.

OH BAM!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
If your good for 15 minutes you can probably play the first two solos, but I wouldn't give it much of a chance on the long solo spot unless your sticking to the rhythm there
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by saphrax
Really really don't like that tune. Mind, I pretty much hate all of Megadeth's music. It just doesn't do it for me. Hangar 18's solos I personally find to be horrible to listen to.

8-)
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by saphrax
Really really don't like that tune. Mind, I pretty much hate all of Megadeth's music. It just doesn't do it for me. Hangar 18's solos I personally find to be horrible to listen to.

Yeah. I quite like some Megadeth. But Hangar 18? Yuck.
Toooooooooooooo. many. solos. It gets booooring. I learnt like the first 2 three and then thought **** it its just really really fast shreddage and that particular song doenst sound to good tbh
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Well. Well well well. Sif not like Hangar 18. You all suck if you don't like it. :P

Ok, as to learning it, the riffs are pretty easy. Hardest part would be the arpeggios of the first chords, just changing from one shape to the next. The solos aren't hard, but they aren't Green Day easy. Most of the Marty solos are reasonably easy, except for the second one, cause of the sweeping. Dave's solos on the other hand are mostly shred, so you'll need to be good to play those. But I'd say go for it. At 15 months I probably could have played all the riffs to Hangar 18 and maybe the first solo.
sig goes here
I can play bits and pieces of it...but it's still too hard for me....ive been playing for little more than a year...but seeing as I never practice, and you probably do...try it
Quote by Feischti
I can play bits and pieces of it...but it's still too hard for me....ive been playing for little more than a year...but seeing as I never practice, and you probably do...try it

Actually only about 1-2 hrs a day
The riffs are cake but the solo is snakelike and troublesome. And not in like a mean way, but you probably won't be able to play all the solos at tempo and with no mistakes for a year at the very least.
15 months? pff, guitar hero isn't THAT hard
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Play it? You can't even spell it. Baby steps.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Big_Rat
Actually only about 1-2 hrs a day

ok see thats what I practice in a week

edit: btw its Hangar 18
Its gonna sound corny but, you can play ANYTHING as long as you try hard enough. I hate how people say that something is "impossible to play". If a guitar player at one point in time played it then anytbody can play it as long as they practice it enough. Just give it a try.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?

I'd wait AT LEAST another year.
Of course, that's if you do it with the solos. The riffs are really easy.
You could start now, but it would take you years.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||