at the minute i have a line 6 spider 3 75.

im looking for a new solid state amp, my budget is £500 max.
it should be loud enough to play with a band
i want one that will work well with effects pedals.

i like to play most styles so i need a versatile amp.

i play trivium, red hot chilli peppers, santana, bullet for my valentine, coheed and cambria.

can anyone help please
Any kind of marshall stack or half stack should do the trick.

90% of venues will mic your amp up anyway so you won't need anything massive unless your planning on playing Warped Tour this year.
^ Shut up, dont get a "marshall stack", especially a solid state one.

Can we ask why you want solid state? For 500 quid you could get an excellent tube combo that would sound better, and take pedals better than any equivilant ss amp. Would you reconsider the ss bit or not?
Diezel, Motherfucker
yeah i would reconsider the valve thing, ive just never had one before but i gues im open to getting a valve amp
Mikey - Dont go around giving out advice like you know what you are talking about, as you OBVIOUSLY havent got the slightest clue, its new people like you that give out terrible suggestions that mean people who come here for help ending up buying something stupid and useless, like a "marshall stack or half stack". By all means stick around and lurk, learn some good information advice, gain some expereince and then help out people who need it. Until then, I repeat, shut up.
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
Mikey - Dont go around giving out advice like you know what you are talking about, as you OBVIOUSLY havent got the slightest clue, its new people like you that give out terrible suggestions that mean people who come here for help ending up buying something stupid and useless, like a "marshall stack or half stack". By all means stick around and lurk, learn some good information advice, gain some expereince and then help out people who need it. Until then, I repeat, shut up.

+ 4 trillion billion. Sick of noobs trying to give advice.

To TS, tube is definatly the way to go. Go down to your local guitar store and test out some tube amps, remember if it doesn't go heavy enough you can always add a OD pedal like a tubescreamer, in the front to boost it and make it higher gain. Also check out ebay for used amps sometimes you can get yourself a really good deal, just be careful and check feedback.
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
Dude, i'm just giving my opinion.

In my opinion Marshall amps are pretty sweet. I've toured with one and it's never failed me. Played some of the biggest venues in Birmingham and other places in the UK and again it's never failed me.

But, because I'm clearly not allowed an opinion. Neither are you. So, you shut up!
You can get a very nice tube combo for your budget. I'm pretty sure you can get a good Laney in the UK, right?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
You can get a very nice tube combo for your budget. I'm pretty sure you can get a good Laney in the UK, right?

Laney make very good amps. The VH100r head is 599 poooonds from GAK in UK. It will pretty much be the perfect amp for you, but dont take my word for it, check it out at a guitar store. It has amazing cleans, virtually 4 channels, high gain. It suits your genres perfectly, might need an OD to tighten things up a little. Check ebay and see if you can find one for under 599 pounds or look for a laney VC50 which is the combo version of the vh100r head (not related to other laney VC series).

also if you cant find a cheap vh100r, check out the GH series. Very similar circuitry to the VH but it can only go form clean to crunch or crunch to highgain, not clean to high gain. If this isnt a problem for you check em out.

VH and GH are used by famous artists such as the guys in Opeth, Paul Gilbert +more

make sure you try before you buy...
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
someone at work just suggested a fender amp.
i dont think that would be suited to my style would they?
Fenders are better suited to cleans and can do decent distortion, but unless you're playing music that relies on good cleans then you're better off with the Laney.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You have plenty of money for a good tube combo. At the end if you still want solid state check out Peavey Transtubes, best sounding and most usable power of any affordable ss amp.
thanks for the help everyone.
im gonna head to a music shop tomorrow and test some out.
im gonna try out a laney