Long story short, I've been playing guitar for one and half years. I've taken the guitar seriously for the past six months. I've been trying to learn songs. I know songs like Pearl Jam's Last Kiss, Blink 182's Adam's Song. They are relatively easy. I felt the need to move to something more challenging...

So I've decided to start learning Bed of Razors by Bodom... What do you guys think? Am I being too ambitious? It's just that I feel I have to get out of that circle of "Beginner Songs"... Plz tell me what you think of it...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

Thanks

In a dilemma... Besides I really love that song... I know that I'll never give up, just that I wanted a few opinions. More opinions are always welcome...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

You'll do no harm by stretching yourself

Just take it slowly that's all.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
i've got a mate whos been playin guitar for like a year and a half as well and he decided to dive straight into the deep end once he got the basics down, he's playing PROTEST THE HERO and stuff by bands like them...so go for it! just dont half learn something
Quote by hayz_182
i've got a mate whos been playin guitar for like a year and a half as well and he decided to dive straight into the deep end once he got the basics down, he's playing PROTEST THE HERO and stuff by bands like them...so go for it! just dont half learn something

Feel really motivated! Just what I need!
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

You've got nothing to lose and if you can't play it then at least you've got something to work towards.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Just try and learn it and don't get frustrated That's how everyone gets better.

I found that it was a nasty step to take from easy power chord based songs to the next step, but it's so satisfying.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
What would Phil Anselmo tell you to do?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
If you have the mental discipline and awareness that you may fail then go for it. Because if you dont know that then you will get frustrated and it will be the end of guitar. You should only dive into something that is out of your reach when you are fully aware of that fact and can accept it. Im not saying it will always happen that way, just that it sometimes happens to people and it makes you less motivated to play.
The only way you can improve your playing is by challenging yourself and Bed of Razors will definitely help move you to the next tier. Once your done it, move on to Through the Fire and the Flames. Its not hard, just fast! xD
Kind of a big step there, but go for it. If it's too difficult, don't worry. Learn some Metallica or some moderate metalcore songs, then try Bodom again. It's not the hardest stuff in the world, but it's definitely not what most people would call easy.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by blind3d
The only way you can improve your playing is by challenging yourself and Bed of Razors will definitely help move you to the next tier. Once your done it, move on to Through the Fire and the Flames. Its not hard, just fast! xD

bad advise. Some1 whos been playing for 1 1/2 years probably wont get far with Dragonforce songs.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
That's a really good idea for going a step forward, because ussually you can play everything that's easier then the hardest song you can play.
I one day decided to learn the Seek and Destroy solo with only few experience it took me like 3 months, but now I can play all solos that are less difficult then the Seek and Destroy (which is quite a lot).
So in my opinion pushing the boundary is a really good thing.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
yep, if you've got any mates who are good guitarist watching them is usually a good motivator, and i use the example of PROTEST THE HERO again.

They actually wrote an album that was too hard for them to play and just practiced till they could and got it perfect...and im pretty sure their guitarists have only been playing for 5 years or something, which is not that long considering they've releases 2 albums...
If you don't challenge yourself, you're only going to progress at a snail's pace. One thing I learned from violin is that you should always challenge yourself. Even if it turns out that you can't play it, you have something to work towards. If your motivation is there, then you can make it happen.

/inspirational speech
Thanks Y'all. I'll keep you updated from time to time... Still in the beginning now. It is hard, but then I'll keep practising...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by one vision
Do it. Always try stuff you think you'll never be able to play lol.

Yup. And Bodom is certainly on the hard, but not impossible level.

That sentence really counts...but still, I won't try "Guitars Suck" by Bumblefoot. That would mean death to me
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Yeah man defo try new songs, but also don't forget to try technique aswell, as it counts for alot of your playing!