Haha, anyone who has been folowing my threads over the past few months will be thinking 'what the hell is wrong with this guy' anyways :P
Ive been looking into getting a new amp for a while, and luckily i came here first (coz before i did, i thought marshals were the best amps in the world :O) after a while of getting advice and trying out amps i decided i would probaly have gotten a VC-30, but that was when my limit was like 300ish pounds, and its realy begin to hit me how much of the sound comes from the amp not the guitar, and i have realy fallen in love with the mark IV Thing is, they cost alot :S
But i figure i would probaly get one at the end of next tax year once i get my tax rebate, coz that will more than cover it, and for now i would just get sumin like the vc-30. But now im thinking to hold off for a month or 2 and get a mark IV second hand (never thought i would do that)
Do you guys think that is a good idea, also, i kinda want a combo, is there much diference between the combo and the stack? if the stack is significantly better then obviously ill get that! I also dont have much experience buying used, any tips on what to avoid, or how to make sure im getting a good deal?
Cheers in advance! Phil
Itl be for home use and church use, And also, i have a marshall 2x12 cab, which probaly wont make the mark IV sound anything like it should, but may get a cab if i get the head unit (only a half stack, dont need a full)
How much will you be able to get it used?

The Mark IV is a great amp, but since you're talking in terms of pounds, there's amps you can buy that are cheaper and just as versatile.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Im not sure, ive looked, and ive seen on ebay for 1000 pounds, that seems very cheap, so im not sure weather i should trust it (but also that depends on when i get the money if theres still offers like that on ebay or stuff)
The Mark IV is an outstanding amp...if you're going for heavier tones, I highly recommend the head, so you can run a CLOSED BACK cab with it. Makes a world's difference.

But, I'm not so sure a Mesa is the best deal in Europe...prices are REALLY jacked up out there.

If you can find it for a good price, I'd jump on it.