Hello! I'm a 14 year old boy and have been playing for 1 and 1/3 years guitar now. My first and current guitar is Fender's Stratocaster, which I know is maybe a too expensive guitar for me and most of you must think I don't need a new guitar. After all it's my decision anyway. So, I'd like some feedback about Jackson's RR24 Rhoads BK R. Has anyone played with this one? It's really cool looking and seems to be just perfect for me. So, if you answered yes, then is there anything I'd need to know or any downsides? My friend said that it's really hard to play while sitting, but I don't think that's a big problem. He also said that B.C. Rich guitars are really good, so any opinions about B.C. Rich guitars?

-Flibo
thats an expensice guitar for only playg for a short time.

And I've only ever played 1 BC rich I liked, the rest weren't that great.
Don't splash out on a guitar just because you think it looks cool, always go and try it out first if possible. If your local guitar store doesn't have that, try out some other ones and see if you find anything you like.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Don't splash out on a guitar just because you think it looks cool, always go and try it out first if possible. If your local guitar store doesn't have that, try out some other ones and see if you find anything you like.

Thanks, that's also what I thought I'd do. Kind of weird that there's no B.C. Rich guitars in my country :/ I Don't think there's many Jackson in the stores but I'll have a try! Thanks for your answer.

-Flibo
Hi Flibo,A fender strat is a dam fine starting point for any player but iam assuming your abit of a shredder? I brought a new guitar ayear ago and was looking to get a Jackson but was dissapointed overall with the feel and sounds (i ended up with an Ibanez RG370 dx which i love and will prob remain with ibanez guitars).
THe best thing to do is try out as many RR jacksons as you can plus a few other differnt makes just to see how they feel and then you can compare them.two guitars of the same model can still be very differnt,Steve Vai has "EVO" and "FLOW" two guitars built by exactly the same people with top notch results but still very differnt guitars.
Are you keeping the Strat? because if your going to buy the RR jackson its poss that in a few years time your tastes may have changed and then you still have a faithfull old strat to take to that Blues jam your going too!
Dont get me wrong Dude,Iam not trying to put you off the jackson,i myself am mainly a blues/rock player but i think the RR jackson is a very cool guitar but not that i would buy one,it just wouldnt suit an old guy like me!
Yes sitting down playing will be a prob,but if practising at home you could always prop it up a bit on a pillow.
AS for BC Rich guitars i have never found or played one i like so cant really comment.
All in all the best advice i can give is to try as many guitars as possible.
I hope this is of some help, Keep Rocking hard Amigo and good luck,let us know how you get on.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
though i think yoru spoiled the floyd rose syle trem in a pain in the paded ass
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by joby
Hi Flibo,A fender strat is a dam fine starting point for any player but iam assuming your abit of a shredder? I brought a new guitar ayear ago and was looking to get a Jackson but was dissapointed overall with the feel and sounds (i ended up with an Ibanez RG370 dx which i love and will prob remain with ibanez guitars).
THe best thing to do is try out as many RR jacksons as you can plus a few other differnt makes just to see how they feel and then you can compare them.two guitars of the same model can still be very differnt,Steve Vai has "EVO" and "FLOW" two guitars built by exactly the same people with top notch results but still very differnt guitars.
Are you keeping the Strat? because if your going to buy the RR jackson its poss that in a few years time your tastes may have changed and then you still have a faithfull old strat to take to that Blues jam your going too!
Dont get me wrong Dude,Iam not trying to put you off the jackson,i myself am mainly a blues/rock player but i think the RR jackson is a very cool guitar but not that i would buy one,it just wouldnt suit an old guy like me!
Yes sitting down playing will be a prob,but if practising at home you could always prop it up a bit on a pillow.
AS for BC Rich guitars i have never found or played one i like so cant really comment.
All in all the best advice i can give is to try as many guitars as possible.
I hope this is of some help, Keep Rocking hard Amigo and good luck,let us know how you get on.

Many thanks for you reply! I really want to keep my old Stratocaster, because as you said, I don't know if my tastes will change. I will definitely try as many guitars as I can! I suppose my first question was kind of stupid, asking if the guitars were good. Any guitar can be good for someone, it depends on the player!
Quote by isan

That's what my friend warned about too :P. If you abuse the floyd rose it can easily break? That last one looks sweet One more question that might be stupid: My Stratocaster cost 800 euros, so is it a good idea at all to get a cheaper guitar? Does price equal quality?
It can like MIJ (japan) ibanez rule but they cost extra. but jackson pretty well flatlines and doesnt get all that much better till custom shop IMO.
If you want a floyd rose the ZR on S series really cant ever break or wear out. http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s470bk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s320wk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s520ex_mgf.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s07ltd.htm
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
why not a new amp? well...depends on what you have first.
and dont get a b.c rich. My friend had one for a month and ended up selling it b/c it was horrible. Looks dont always matter.
Quote by isan
It can like MIJ (japan) ibanez rule but they cost extra. but jackson pretty well flatlines and doesnt get all that much better till custom shop IMO.
If you want a floyd rose the ZR on S series really cant ever break or wear out. http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s470bk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s320wk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s520ex_mgf.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s07ltd.htm

What about other Ibanez guitars? They seem to be fine. Is the S serie only good?

EDIT: Any specific experiences about BC Rich Warlock? My friend is pretty fanatic about it and he knows these things pretty well.
Last edited by Flibo at Mar 13, 2008,
s series is the only one Besides prestige RG's with a good tremolo.

only get a Bc rich USA series others SUCK!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
OK I am asumming that you shred after seeing that guitar. And for shred that guitar is awsome but for 2000 I wouldn't get a v they are a hassle and hard to play sitting down. Instead keep with a Jackson USA SL2H or SL1H. Those are amazing guitars. Also a charvel might suit you tastes also. Stick with Jackson or Charvel the untimate shred guitars.
It's really nice that you get to start out with a Strat, that's a great guitar. Personally, it's not my cup of tea, but some of my favorite players run them. They are capable of great tone.
I am a BC Rich fan, myself. Just got my first BC Rich acoustic today, in fact. It has been my experience that the people who say bad things about them speak from very limited experience. I have narrowed my collection down to eight of them, but this time next year I will probably have twice as many. Try a nice one, and you'll be hooked.
^ nah, i had a platinum and usa .
Platinum = ok , but not nearly worth what it cost.
Usa = Great guitar but I really got tired of the shape
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by Flibo
Thanks, that's also what I thought I'd do. Kind of weird that there's no B.C. Rich guitars in my country :/ I Don't think there's many Jackson in the stores but I'll have a try! Thanks for your answer.

-Flibo

Dont worry about BC Riches, they arent worth it if you want the Jackson, of course, if you want to, go ahead.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
If you want a Jackson, buy a Jackson. If you want a BC Rich, get one.
I have a Platinum Warlock that I paid $150 for at a garage sale, and it's a decent, but uninspiring guitar. I also have a few of the nicer HHI-owned pieces, and they are of great quality, playability and tone. I own Mockingbirds, Biches, and Warlocks. They all feel very comfortable to me, seated or standing.
I have owned Jacksons, too. I love the balance of the Dinky and Soloist, but the necks are too thin for my taste. Very shred-friendly, though. Nothing negative to say about their quality, either.
Being a BC Rich fanboy, I'd like to see more people get on board with them. Try a few, and I bet you'll find one that feels good to you.