I bought a Sheraton II about a year ago and it was fine in the store.. But after a little while the fretboard got gross and slow, so I just stuck it in the case and I barely play it now. I just now realized that I should oil/polish the fretboard, so.. What's the best thing I can use? There's the lemon oil then there's a whole bunch of different polishes.. I'm super confused, can anyone help me out?
Seeing as the fretboard isn't maple, lemon oil should be fine.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Seeing as the fretboard isn't maple, lemon oil should be fine.

Isnt lemon oil fine on Maple? I lemon oil the entire neck after heavy use, or if not every couple of weeks... always used it on a maple fretboard tho never had a reason not to ?
I think it stains maple or something. You're only meant to use it on rosewood (might be wrong, don't read much into oil)
Lemon oil will clean it and then finish off with fretboard polish
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
I think it stains maple or something. You're only meant to use it on rosewood (might be wrong, don't read much into oil)
Lemon oil will clean it and then finish off with fretboard polish

right well i use it on my strat and it hasnt affected it in anyway... also the back of the neck on 4 of my guitars are maple havent noticed anything there...

As far as im aware lemon oil is used to degrease and clean alot of woods...