Is any one else on this site a huge UFC (ultimate fighting championship) fan? I watch it every chance I get. I'm not exactly sure if they show it anywhere else but the states though. My favorite fighter would have to be Brandon "The Truth" Vera. His last fight he knocked the guy out with one kick to the side of the head chuck norris style in the first 30 seconds of the fight. So who else is a fan?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Tim Sylvia ftw
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
thats funny i just posted a boxing thread above you
anyway I'd have to say Fedor. Too bad that he probably won't fight Couture soon because he had a conflict with Dana . I'd love to see that fight though.

O I thought it said fav. fighter I'm a little tired so w/e
Last edited by killbox2490 at Mar 13, 2008,
If you haven't heard of Fedor you should check him out on youtube he's a f****ing beast. He's only lost once in 28 fights and that lost was only from a cut they couldn't control. He was supposed to fight Randy Couture but Dana White was being a dick with his contract.
I love UFC, Randy Couture was one of my favorite fighters it really sucks that he left. I was hoping Rampage would go up a weight class and fight him for the title. That would have been a sick fight. With him gone I really like Anderson Silva that guys insane I don't think anyone could beat him in any weight class. Does anyone have any news on a Mac Danzig fight ever since ultimate fighter I've been waiting to see him in a real UFC bout.
I have a question actually, is Kimbo actually a UFC fighter? I heard he was in a different league or something. But oh man I just saw his fight vs. Tank Abott, holy crap.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
Brandon "The Truth" Vera

TS i'm with you.

But all the fighters are pretty awesome though.

I wish i knew more of their names so i could give them some praise.

EDIT: i'm not sure about Kimbo.
epic7734
I'm a pretty big fan of the UFC. What does everyone think about Brock Lesnar? I think he's just some marketing ploy for the UFC. He's gonna be fighting Mark Coleman at UFC 84 I think.
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
Quote by Osiris77
I love UFC, Randy Couture was one of my favorite fighters it really sucks that he left. I was hoping Rampage would go up a weight class and fight him for the title. That would have been a sick fight. With him gone I really like Anderson Silva that guys insane I don't think anyone could beat him in any weight class. Does anyone have any news on a Mac Danzig fight ever since ultimate fighter I've been waiting to see him in a real UFC bout.

Dude IMO Couture and Bas Rutten, in their primes, were the two best MMA fighters ever.

Anyone surprised by the Tank vs. Kimbo fight? Me neither lol.
We're only strays.
I lurv UFC ..yay for starting a thread for it!!
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by shredmeiser101
I have a question actually, is Kimbo actually a UFC fighter? I heard he was in a different league or something. But oh man I just saw his fight vs. Tank Abott, holy crap.

Kimbo fights doesn't fight UFC, but he does fight MMA against people in the UFC.
He's 2-0 taking down both abott and Bo Cantrell.
Yeah, he's ****ing diesel.
Hey does anyone remember that guys name who was always too fat and one time they had to trim him down like a few hours before weigh in, so they threw him in the sauna thing for an hour and he pussied out and went all dramatic like he was dying?

Wow that was a long run on sentence..but you know..he was really annoying and lazy (anybody??)

Stepco's Master
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Anyone surprised by the Tank vs. Kimbo fight? Me neither lol.

Not at all. Tank was tough before everyone started honing their MMA abilities.

For Kimbo, I can't wait to see some more. Stand up is solid but i haven't see the ground game though.

Edit:^the guy from the show? If so, he was sad. Not making weight is the biggest disgrace to MMA. But i do wonder if he was a good fighter.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Hey does anyone remember that guys name who was always too fat and one time they had to trim him down like a few hours before weigh in, so they threw him in the sauna thing for an hour and he pussied out and went all dramatic like he was dying?

Wow that was a long run on sentence..but you know..he was really annoying and lazy (anybody??)

Gabe Ruediger
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
^ Yeah that guy..thanks!!

I like the really aggressive fighters..they are always my favorite. tImo though, the earlier seasons were brutal, never seen so much blood in UFC since

Stepco's Master
must...keep...thread...alive
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Isn't UFC that crap wrestling thing where a load of guys grope each other on the floor? Thats all they ever seem to do... Its on Extreme Sports sometimes, and on the occasion that it comes up, all they ever seem to do is roll around on top of each other.
Was pretty disgraceful of him to get KTFO by Gabriel "who the ****?" Gonzaga. Watch some of his earlier pride fights before you go judging him.
Quote by MyNameIsRamone
Was pretty disgraceful of him to get KTFO by Gabriel "who the ****?" Gonzaga. Watch some of his earlier pride fights before you go judging him.

I know , still a shame he went back to Japan instead of doing a few more fights in the UFC.
Before the Gonzaga fight his last loss was end of 2005. I think it proves how pride differs to the UFC.
Quote by Osiris77

Does anyone have any news on a Mac Danzig fight ever since ultimate fighter I've been waiting to see him in a real UFC bout.

yea Macs set to fight Mark Bocek at ufc 83, hes moved down to lightweight division now aswell I think
Quote by Guitartv
I'm a pretty big fan of the UFC. What does everyone think about Brock Lesnar? I think he's just some marketing ploy for the UFC. He's gonna be fighting Mark Coleman at UFC 84 I think.

He's a huge marketing ploy. I don't really have any faith in him. He's a big guy yea, but from the videos I've seen of him he's not that great of a fighter.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
i watch but i dont know many fighters besides Liddell , Sylva, and George St-Pierre
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I love UFC so much that I think I border obsession.

On Wednesday they had 3 fights in a row of Vera's. What a freakin' beast he is. All of them were done within a minute and a half. 2 of 3 were knockouts.

Not sure who my favorite is though.
Cro Cop is doing horrible in the UFC period. He should stick with Pride.

Plus I believe that Brock Lesnar has GREAT potential to be a successful fighter. I mean... did you see that fight with Frank Mir? Just overpowered him and if his momentum wasn't broken up by the unnecessary call I believe that he would have won that fight. Nevertheless Frank has more experience and more skilled than Brock, so I'm not taking anything away from him cause I think he's a great fighter.
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Quote by Guitartv

The only way Coleman can win is if Brock makes a stupid mistake. The only thing Mark has on him is experience.
Quote by Phax
Cro Cop is doing horrible in the UFC period. He should stick with Pride.

Plus I believe that Brock Lesnar has GREAT potential to be a successful fighter. I mean... did you see that fight with Frank Mir? Just overpowered him and if his momentum wasn't broken up by the unnecessary call I believe that he would have won that fight. Nevertheless Frank has more experience and more skilled than Brock, so I'm not taking anything away from him cause I think he's a great fighter.

that call was completely necesary. With a man his size pounding the back of your head you'd want that called too.
IMO i think Lesnar should have become a boxer instead, he's a good wrestler but against jiu jitsu guys hes screwed.

oh and FORREST GRIFFIN FTW baby !!!!
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah