I play a JCM200 100W - and it sounds like **** man! well it doesnt sound like **** but it doesnt sound as good as any other Marshall head ive played. i really wanted the sound of an JCM800. anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to improve the sound? its new and only a year old but ive never got a sweetass sound from it and i get a sweet sound from pretty much any other marshall.

im depressed man!

HELP!

i play an americn tele.
Do you play it at bedroom volume levels? Because there's no way that it will sound as good as a cranked JCM800 at those levels. It's just not possible. The JCM2000s are not the best Marshalls produced by a long shot, but you should easily be able to get a good tone out of it. What are your settings?
sell it and get a different amp. obviously.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom (bright yellow finish)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Crate XT15R
Fender Rumble 60
Pod X3 Live
Boss NS-1 Noisegate
Do you mean a JCM 2000? Like a DSL 100? I've never got a good rock sound out of a DSL. There was this one covered in Orange tolex that I used to mess around with. I never got a tone that I liked. The amp was either too flubby on the low end or was too shrill sounding. I wasn't very impressed with the Ultra channel either.

You could try boosting it with an overdrive. That might help.

You're never going to get a JCM 800 sound out of it though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah its DSL 100. And i only play it in the practise studio or shows so its always cranked...hot damn!
DSLs are more modern. They're not exactly trying to get the jcm800 sound. if you want that, buy a JCM800.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by russman187
Yeah its DSL 100. And i only play it in the practise studio or shows so its always cranked...hot damn!

Well main thing for a nice rock tone is a lot of mids. Just play around with your settings and you'll find one eventually.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.