Its going to be so awesome. i cant wait. we and my friend got some hardrives from our tech lab at school and are going to put leopard on them. I cant wait. Mac OS looks so badass!

Thoughts? its too bad my naive personality will be my ultimate downfall
I use leopard, but in a Mac.
Probalby Leopard won't work in your PC...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by Bleeding_me
I use leopard, but in a Mac.
Probalby Leopard won't work in your PC...

there are cracked versions out there. You have to create a special ghost image for x86, and then ghost it onto a normal hard drive and then install it into your PC
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
there are cracked versions out there. You have to create a special ghost image for x86, and then ghost it onto a normal hard drive and then install it into your PC

exactly. knowing your **** ftw
Quote by FINNEGAN!

haha! now i remember why i love the pit!
i'm using it right now on my mac, its cool ****. I'm not saying its better than windows, however in my opinion, i enjoy mac osx more than xp or vista. to each his own we must remember
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Unix based OSs are better imo simply because they aren't stupid enough to just run stuff w/o your consent. When you open an infected email, your email client can't just say, "oh ok, lets delete all of your documents and show some ads for the rest of my life!"
Quote by FINNEGAN!

lol, I love being into computers
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by FINNEGAN!
Its going to be so awesome. i cant wait. we and my friend got some hardrives from our tech lab at school and are going to put leopard on them. I cant wait. Mac OS looks so badass!

Thoughts? its too bad my naive personality will be my ultimate downfall

Well if it's just looks that matter then get windowsblinds. I'm using a theme that's simlar to mac osx.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I was thinking about doing this but I could never aquire the install .iso for a AMD. They all seem to be intel. No big deal I guess. Ubuntu would be my o/s of choice if gaming was not so limited. Why have 2 8800's if you have nothing to tax them out with.
Be careful with such things. I remember once I installed Linux Ubuntu on my laptop, and the res turned permanently to 320 x 180 pixels. And I can't install Windows or any other OS now because when I do it says "Hard drive missing, please insert"
Quote by Xeus
wish i had an mac os

No you don't.

Twat.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by BladedFish
Be careful with such things. I remember once I installed Linux Ubuntu on my laptop, and the res turned permanently to 320 x 180 pixels. And I can't install Windows or any other OS now because when I do it says "Hard drive missing, please insert"

Sounds like you coincidentally ****ed up your hard drive somehow. Even with a botched o/s install a reinstall should be nothing.. No idea around the res thing, sounds like user error. I'm sure you tried changing it lol?
Quote by BladedFish

Make a windows boot floppy disc. Get to the DOS prompt and run fdisk (you may need to put it on the floppy, cant remember if it is put on boot discs by default). fdisk will allow you to rebuild the drive structure.
Quote by saphrax
Make a windows boot floppy disc. Get to the DOS prompt and run fdisk (you may need to put it on the floppy, cant remember if it is put on boot discs by default). fdisk will allow you to rebuild the drive structure.

Cant you do the same thing basically by booting from cd and using a xp install disc to reformat/install?
Quote by saphrax

It would be that linux didn't manage to find your hard disk. If you're going to install it, know something about it first.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by saphrax

Unfortunatly, with the introduction of the 21st century came the end of the Floppy Disk Drive. The laptop with the bad res is the only computer i know with a floppy drive around me. And anyway, my sister broke both my Win98 setup disk and my WinXP setup disk.

EDIT: and in answer to MCwoot, I am not using linux when installing windows, i was running the computer of the setup disk and it refuses to find the hard drive.
Cant you do the same thing basically by booting from cd and using a xp install disc to reformat/install?

I can't recall right now if fdisk is available. If the drives are formatted for a linux install, the XP setup might not detect the drive.

It would be that linux didn't manage to find your hard disk. If you're going to install it, know something about it first.

The way it is phrased makes me believe that happens when the Windows disc is trying to install.
EDIT; And I was right.

Unfortunatly, with the introduction of the 21st century came the end of the Floppy Disk Drive. The laptop with the bad res is the only computer i know with a floppy drive around me. And anyway, my sister broke both my Win98 setup disk and my WinXP setup disk.

Yeah, it's good that they are gone and all, but sometimes you still need them...
I wonder why does TS is so quiet...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~