What is the key signature for the key of G minor? Give your answer as a
list of the pitch letters of the accidentals that form the key signature

What does it mean by the part in bold... i know the key signature for G minor is one sharp but the latter part is confusing me in terms of how i am suppose to answer this question ?

Any one got any ideas?
it sounds like they want you to list the accidentals in the key, which is essentially the notes NOT in G minor. but that doesn't really make any sense other than to kinda make you think outside the box of "not what IS G minor, but what ISN'T G minor" if its for a homework assignment i'd answer it as such and if the professor/teacher marks it off then b!tch them out and tell them to put the correct questions on the paper and to be clearer in what they're asking.
^^^ doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

BEADGCF is the order of flats in a key, the reverse (FCGDAEB) is the order of sharps in a key. G minor, which you think has 1 sharp, actually has 2 flats. G Major has 1 sharp, F. To go from major to minor, add 3 flats (1 sharp in Gm + 3 flats = 2 flats if you assume that flats cancel out sharps).

Basically, the answer to your question is Bb and Eb.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Quote by thefollower
What is the key signature for the key of G minor? Give your answer as a
list of the pitch letters of the accidentals that form the key signature

Any one got any ideas?

I think they want you to name they accidentals on the clef that show its G Major.
Quote by pandora_grunt
I think they want you to name they accidentals on the clef that show its G Major.

Which is Bb and Eb as copet says ?
Are they asking for the differant types of minor?

i.e. natural, harmonic, melodic?

If so, make the necessary accidentals.
If i knew what the necessary accidentals quote meant then i probably would not need to ask the question as i have never heard of such a phrase before lol.

But all i have for a question is what i put in my first post... doesn't mention what type of G minor so i would assume Aeolian...
I don't understand why people are talking about Major. The question asks for the pitch letters of G minor. They would specify if it was not natural minor. The pitches that have "accidentals" for G minor are Bb and Eb. G Major does not have Bb and Eb, just F#. Your answer is Bb and Eb.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
^+1

G A Bb C D Eb F

the key of tragic consummation i think... throw that at your music teacher and see what they say lol
I disagree. I think the answer is Bb Eb. Not the entire minor scale. And not Eb Bb(as in displaying you know your order of flats). "Give your answer as a list of the pitch letters of the accidentals that form the key signature." It's ambiguous wording. It should say "pitch letters with accidentals"

EDIT: there is something weird going on here. I posted after ray555.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by thefollower
But all i have for a question is what i put in my first post... doesn't mention what type of G minor so i would assume Aeolian...

If it doesn't specify otherwise, you should assume it means natural minor. I think the original question basically means "what sharps or flats are in the key of G minor", but I hope you have a bitch at your teacher for wording the question in such a confusing way.

Quote by KryptNet
EDIT: there is something weird going on here. I posted after ray555.

I noticed that before, I clicked on a thread and the first post was halfway down the page, but it still said it had been posted later than its replies. There's either a rip in the space time continuum or UG's got a glitch...
Quote by 5/4
i.e. natural, harmonic, melodic?
You would never denote the harmonic or melodic minor scale in the key signature. G Harmonic Minor isn't a key.