do you want extrordinary long delay time? or would you prefer warm analog delay?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Maybe somewhere in the range of 10 seconds maybe? Nothing much, just something to futz around with. Does the quality of the sound decrease as the length of the delay increases?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
well for that you'd have to get a digital delay...the memory man has only like...300ms of delay time

the only thing that comes to my mind is the boss dd-20, maybe the dl-4 too (line 6)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The Line6 DDL-4 is a pretty good option. Also the Boss DD-6 i believe? is a good option as well. The Ibanez delay is also great and it's got some nice features that most others don't have.

EDIT: i didn't notice u wanted that much delay! the dd-4 and one of those loops might be a good option. Look at digitech and boss since i'm sure they do have those options.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
if you are into U2's stuff the DD20 will do it for you...
if not the Dl4 will give more options
Quote by TDS
Maybe somewhere in the range of 10 seconds maybe? Nothing much, just something to futz around with. Does the quality of the sound decrease as the length of the delay increases?

I believe you don't actually want 10 seconds of delay. This is how 10 seconds of delay would work:

You play a note here.

(wait 10 seconds - watch it from a clock, it's a long time)

The note plays again here. 10 seconds is way too long man. Or are you looking for a loop pedal (push pedal -> play -> push pedal gain -> what you played keeps on repeating)?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I got a Boss DD-6 and I enjoy playing around with it. You wouldn't be disappointed, but I'm sure there are some other great pedals, maybe better value for money.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by papersun87
I think he meant ten seconds of feedback, not ten seconds of delay.

^^

+1 on the DD-6 though, it's a great little pedal that isn't overly difficult to set-up and gives you a few different settings (Warp, Reverse) to play with. Keep your eyes on Craigslist/e-bay and you can probably scoop one up used pretty cheap.

I got mine from a guy I work with for $80 and he only ever used it twice
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Sorry for not responding, I was without internet for a few days. On second thought, 10b seconds is ridiculous. I'm looking for something along the lines of the delay used by Tool on Vicarious, if you know what I mean.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
THere the new boss dd-7 if you wana check it out.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by TDS
Sorry for not responding, I was without internet for a few days. On second thought, 10b seconds is ridiculous. I'm looking for something along the lines of the delay used by Tool on Vicarious, if you know what I mean.

I saw a pic of Adam Jones' pedal board from this tour and he's using a Line 6 DL-4 nowadays, but I think most of the delay sounds on the 10,000 Days album could be acquired with something as simple as a Boss DD-3. However, if nailing the tempo is a concern, then I'd go with the Boss DD-20 (the unreliability of the Line 6 DL-4 is the stuff of legend).

I love Adam's tone on that album.