Hey guys. I have been tryin to get a good SRV tone and I just can't get it for some reason. I've been writing some newer bluesy funk stuff and his tone is just perfect for what Im writing. Just enough distortion to be heavy but clean enough to hear all the notes perfect....god its so good! Im using a TS9 Turbo Tube Screamer, just a little normal Fender guitar, and my brand spankin new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe :-)

I know that he used tube screamers but I also know he used an EQ pedal. Is that what gave him the crispness of his tone? and also why I can't get it maybe? I have a PODxt....if the EQ pedal is the problem maybe I could use the PODs EQ to do that then use the tube screamer?

Please help!
Maybe you never heaver strings?
I think I spelt heaver wrong.
wat
He used the TS808 rather than the Turbo TS9, so that's a starting point.

If you can crank your amp, do it. I think you'd want the clean channel pushing the power tubes (at least 6 or 7 on the dial), with the TS9 set to boost it some more. Use your neck pup exclusively, and make sure you have plenty of mids.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I guess I should've mentioned I know that stuff already haha I know to use the neck pick up and he cranked the mids and bass. I dunno what I'm doin wrong but I just can't get it